News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

emay

khalpin

emay

Quote from: khalpin on August 21, 2018, 07:23:41 PM
Quote from: emay on August 21, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

Any good?

I like it. Very good background on the writers, hidden jokes, and all around behind the scenes stories of making the show. Goes into detail on how they produce episodes too.

mbw

Really great autobiography of his childhood in South Africa during and after apartheid.  Being half black and half white was essentially illegal, thus the title.

I actually listened to the audiobook, which is the preferred format as it is narrated by him, and he weaves in and out of various languages and is really cool to hear that.  Dude is fluent in 8 languages, crazy.

Needless to say, it was a fucked up situation and you really get a feel for the history and the daily life of apartheid in S.Africa then, which was pretty recent, and is still a pretty fucked up place racially.

gah

^^^ I did the audible of that too...second the rec. Especially cool to hear him narrate it.

Other recent audible's narrated by the author I enjoyed:

Recovery by Russell Brand
Fascism by Madeleine Albright
I Forgot to Die by Khalil Rafati
A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mopper_smurf

My eldest recommended this one. He got most of the gaming and Monty Python references, Now I am boring with all the music and movie references.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: gah on March 22, 2018, 11:26:28 AM
^^^ Phenomenal book. I just listened to it on audible, 15 years after initially reading it, and it was just as good and well worth the second go around. Enjoy.

Yeah, Shantaram is so awesome.  Didn't think about the audible version.  Will check that out as a re-read is a pretty big time commitment lol.  As for what is currently on my Kindle and I am in various stages of progress.  Enjoying all of them!

ph92

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Brushing up on some philosophical and spiritual readings, most are repeats.
On my list:
The Four Agreements
The Fifth Agreement (new)
Drop The Rock
The Spirituality of Imperfection *** Highly recommend!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

gah

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 16, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
^^^ Phenomenal book. I just listened to it on audible, 15 years after initially reading it, and it was just as good and well worth the second go around. Enjoy.

Yeah, Shantaram is so awesome.  Didn't think about the audible version.  Will check that out as a re-read is a pretty big time commitment lol.  As for what is currently on my Kindle and I am in various stages of progress.  Enjoying all of them!

dude, even listening to it again is a big commitment...40 hours I think! Also, i got how to change your mind, on audible going right now as well.

Quote from: ph92 on September 16, 2018, 06:48:39 PM

On my list:
The Four Agreements
Drop The Rock
The Spirituality of Imperfection
*** Highly recommend!

both of these are on my to read list.

Currently reading the Te of Piglet...a companion book to the Tao of Pooh.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

The 'Newbury & Hobbes series' by George Mann. British turn of the century Steampunk murder/mysteries. Pretty good series, the first trilogy is out, as is the first book in the second.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

ph92

Quote from: gah on September 17, 2018, 04:54:52 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 16, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

dude, even listening to it again is a big commitment...40 hours I think! Also, i got how to change your mind, on audible going right now as well.

Quote from: ph92 on September 16, 2018, 06:48:39 PM

On my list:
The Four Agreements
Drop The Rock
The Spirituality of Imperfection
*** Highly recommend!

both of these are on my to read list.

Currently reading the Te of Piglet...a companion book to the Tao of Pooh.

I read Te of Piglet in my first treatment, didn't even realize there was another one! I'll have to nab it.

Drop the rock is fire. I make all my sponsees read it as a part of their 6&7. Real quick read.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.