News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Brokedown Podcast

Started by rowjimmy, March 06, 2017, 09:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Released the new Brokedown Podcast episode today.
The episode is designed to Celebrate rather than mourn Jerry. We don't need more sadness in this world right now.

https://brokedownpodcast.blogspot.com/2017/08/006-happy-birthday-jerry.html

Buffalo Budd

RJ, it has been forever since I listened to this segment from 6-24-1970. What an incredible piece of music.
I've been turning a few local fans onto your podcasts too. A couple are regular listeners of the HFP now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 09, 2017, 03:26:24 PM
RJ, it has been forever since I listened to this segment from 6-24-1970. What an incredible piece of music.
I've been turning a few local fans onto your podcasts too. A couple are regular listeners of the HFP now.

Awesome. Thanks so much for listening and sharing.

rowjimmy

New episode, new thread, new format??

Episode 7 is up today and this episode features my first guest, your friend and mine, Barnesy!
Andy came on the show to talk about September '72 and we had a great time digging into it. I think you'll hear it in the tapes.

Check it out:

https://brokedownpodcast.blogspot.com/2017/09/007-september-72.html

Bobafett

Nice.   I'll listen as I go steelhead fishing today!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

gah

I know you've been at this since the spring, but I finally brokedown (see what I did there?) and gave a listen to ep 7 last night. Great selections, really dug the dark star > el paso segment, and great hearing you and Barnesy yukking it up. Guess I'll have to go back and listen to the first 6 episodes now! Also, shared it with about 7-8 other folks last night as well. Keep it up brother, and thanks for sharing.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Thanks!
It's been a lot of fun and this past episode most of all.
Glad to hear you're listening (now) and thanks for spreading the word!

mattstick

I made it through the banter and China > Rider, kept me entertained through a long drive while boring my wife and kid to sleep - win/win

Didn't get to hear the recap after the first set of music, what show was the Greatest Story Ever Told from?  Jerry's St. Stephen riff solo was wild, reminded me of something Trey would do...

barnesy305

Quote from: mattstick on September 07, 2017, 02:23:14 PM
I made it through the banter and China > Rider, kept me entertained through a long drive while boring my wife and kid to sleep - win/win

Didn't get to hear the recap after the first set of music, what show was the Greatest Story Ever Told from?  Jerry's St. Stephen riff solo was wild, reminded me of something Trey would do...

That's from 9-28, I love it.

Buffalo Budd

Finally had some spare time and decided to start up ep 7.
Andy, I wanna echo your comment about Rosemary. One of the first tunes I was totally in love with and was also bummed when it faded out.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

barnesy305

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 07, 2017, 09:03:00 PM
Finally had some spare time and decided to start up ep 7.
Andy, I wanna echo your comment about Rosemary. One of the first tunes I was totally in love with and was also bummed when it faded out.

It's funny, according to some dude on twitter or something, we are the only ones who like that song.

Caravan2001

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 07, 2017, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: mattstick on September 07, 2017, 02:23:14 PM

That's from 9-28, I love it.

Haven't made it past the first 15 minutes of the cast but about to spin it now.  That said, 9/28 is easily one of my fave all time shows and my first experience to '72 shows.  Got it freshman year ('89) and fell in love right away.  Have spent so much time with the show and it never gets old.  The Greatest Story has to be a top 5 version if not top 3.  Talk about a Phil lovers show.  He owns that shit.