News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HBO GO

Started by VDB, February 13, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 16, 2017, 05:22:36 PM
eh, nvrmnd, appears to have just been a sevice glitch.  :-D
--back to my summer vampire binge  :evil:

I was gonna say, try turning off and on again.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 16, 2017, 05:22:36 PM
eh, nvrmnd, appears to have just been a sevice glitch.  :-D
--back to my summer vampire titty binge  :evil:

FYP

VA $l!m

finished  7 seasons of True blood... having binge withdrawl. not sure what to watch next. -- tried 1st episode of LEftovers last night, not sure about it yet-- any1 have an opinion on it?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WillBreathes

I liked the first season of Leftovers... I couldn't get past 3 episodes of the second season.  It's weird.  There are a few really fucked up scenes.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

ytowndan

I gave it like 2 episodes and it didn't grab me.  But that was back when it first aired, so maybe I'll give it another shot one day.  I'm overwhelmed with shows now, though, so it'll have to wait until I have more time.  (Having too many quality TV shows is such an awesome "problem.")
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

After much ball-busting from friends I have finally started The Wire. About midway through season 1 and am enjoying it so far.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 25, 2017, 04:03:37 PM
finished  7 seasons of True blood... having binge withdrawl. not sure what to watch next. -- tried 1st episode of LEftovers last night, not sure about it yet-- any1 have an opinion on it?

I dug Crashing with Pete Holmes and Artie Lang. Pretty inside baseball stand-up comedy stuff, mildly dark but with some heart. Not as funny as Vice Principals, but pretty good. Also, I know this is HBO thread, but if you have access to Showtime Dice's show is hilarious.

Quote from: VDB on August 25, 2017, 04:52:10 PM
After much ball-busting from friends I have finally started The Wire. About midway through season 1 and am enjoying it so far.

I just finished rewatching that start to finish. I watched it when it was on way back when, but then fell out of it some time during S2 which gets a little slow. However, it really picks up at the end of that season, S3 builds nicely on it, and S4-5 are just straight up amazing. So stick with it if you find yourself getting bored with it.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VDB on August 25, 2017, 04:52:10 PM

I'm almost exactly half-way through the entire series... it's still awesome!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Speaking of The Wire, I feel like Treme often gets overlooked.  I don't think I'd have to sell it too hard to this crowd, considering how it's a music lover's show set in post-Katrina NOLA.  It has almost no "plot" to speak of, at least not in a riviting, fast-paced genre kind of way.  It's essentially all character development.  Lots of real life NOLA musician cameos, too (Trombone Shorty and Kermit Ruffins play themselves...also Jon Baptiste and Stanton Moore make occasional appearances).

And speaking of all this David Simon stuff, his new one, called The Deuce, set in 1970s NYC looks promising.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

Quote from: mbw on May 18, 2017, 11:39:34 AM

Pretty twisted documentary on HBO.  I don't want to give away too much, but it's good.

Munchausen by proxy?
If this is love, I'm never going home..

khalpin

Quote from: ytowndan on August 25, 2017, 05:14:25 PM
Speaking of The Wire, I feel like Treme often gets overlooked.  I don't think I'd have to sell it too hard to this crowd, considering how it's a music lover's show set in post-Katrina NOLA.  It has almost no "plot" to speak of, at least not in a riviting, fast-paced genre kind of way.  It's essentially all character development.  Lots of real life NOLA musician cameos, too (Trombone Shorty and Kermit Ruffins play themselves...also Jon Baptiste and Stanton Moore make occasional appearances).

....and a Kim Dickens nude scene

aphineday

Finally watching The Wizard Of Lies, the Bernie Madoff story.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VA $l!m

And speaking of all this David Simon stuff, his new one, called The Deuce, set in 1970s NYC looks promising.
i watched the pilot for the deuce. it definitely seemed to have an edge and it was nice to see at least 4 cast members from teh wire again i counted.
-not too sure if i can handle an average of 3+ penis shots an ep tho, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

aphineday

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 30, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

i watched the pilot for the deuce. it definitely seemed to have an edge and it was nice to see at least 4 cast members from teh wire again i counted.
-not too sure if i can handle an average of 3+ penis shots an ep tho, lol.
Now that school has kicked back up again, I actually have time to sit down and watch a few things, so I also watched this today. I was honestly a little bored through it, but I'm assuming it's going to pick up. Not bad, but not as compelling as I thought the pilot might be. I have super high expectations though, like most of us do.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Anyone watching High Maintenance?
Bring in the dude!