News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-04 Alpharetta, GA - Post Show Discussion

Started by mistercharlie, August 05, 2018, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATRE AT ENCORE PARK
Alpharetta, GA
SET I:
Bouncing Around the Room, Chalk Dust Torture*, Fuck Your Face, Wolfman's Brother, Things People Do, Lengthwise -> Maze, Waiting All Night, Divided Sky, Character Zero**

SET II:
Crosseyed and Painless > Soul Planet, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Piper > Possum > Slave to the Traffic Light

E:
The Squirming Coil

* = w/The Birds tease
**= w/ LA Woman Tease
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Sweet looking show, that second set is the business.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

As Scotty says "the summer of Soul"

C&P>Soul planet, ASIHTOS>Piper >possum was a sick segment. The soul planet jam went deep, the hard shift right at the beginning of the jam was a little rough, but it paid off big for sure. Ocean sing always makes me happy because that jam always seems to be pretty unique in recent years, this one is no different, drifting right into a monster peaky Piper! And... Well... Possum. Keeps the chompers happy and the energy high. I really liked the 1-2 emotional punch with the slave, coil. A nice blissed out way to end the night.

I was looking at my stats... I guess I've seen FYF 5 times now. Kind of an odd stat. But I love it. Wolfmans could get some mention. Also that lengthwise>maze was fiyaa
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mehead

Was on the lawn for this one. Rain started to come down midway through Wolfman's and started to pick up during the Maze jam. Solid steady rain until yup, Divided Sky. As they moved through Divided, the rain steadily decreased and stopped altogether by the end of the song - perfect! CDT, Wolfman's and of course Lengthwise > Maze were highlights. I'm also a sucker for Zero closing a first set.  :laugh:

As ph92 said earlier, C & P right through Piper was killer. Soul Planet is easily right up there for me as jam of the tour. Coming out of Possum I felt we were getting a Slave to close the set but to encore with Coil?  :music: :music:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged