News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

finished Fall 97 finally and started winter 97.

the one thing that really suprised me listening through the Fall this time around was how much i noticed Trey burning out on the back half.
Everything after Philly realyl seemd like he was struggling to me, but as a whole  they still pulled out some amazing shows. Page especially seemd to carry towards the end of tour.

its hard to rank without multiple comparative listens but the shows that stick out in my mind would be the Worcester and Hampton runs first , then probabaly Denver, Philly, and Dayton.

Finished 12-28-97 today as well.
was at this one but hadnt listen to it in a long time.
the first set definitely sounds like a warm up/rehearsal, but i was really suprised how great the 2nd set sounds and i absolutely love the song list.
hard to go wrong with simple, ghost, drowned, halleys, slave all in one set. Both Ghost and SLave were way better than i remembered.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 01, 2018, 09:25:46 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 01, 2018, 09:00:43 AM
:phish:
02/17/1997
PARADISO
Amsterdam, Netherlands
SET 1: Soul Shakedown Party[1] > Divided Sky, Wilson > My Soul, Guyute, Timber Ho! > Billy Breathes, Llama, Bathtub Gin > Golgi Apparatus

SET 2: The Squirming Coil -> Down with Disease ->  :rawk: Carini [2] -> Taste -> Down with Disease > Suzy Greenberg > Prince Caspian

ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey > Rocky Top

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Debut.

:rockout: :banana:

Played this Carini for a coworker, on a bluetooth speaker, out in the middle of the field where we were excavating one day a couple of years ago; at the end of a very long day. 

He had been attending Phish shows whenever he could for a couple of years prior to that point.  He said he had given up on Phish shortly before our assignment. 

Though we were both cranky by the time I started the set, by the time Carini finished we were both happy. 

He asked "which Carini is this?"  as we finished our notes before a long trek back to the hotel. 

I only answered, "The first one".

Buffalo Budd

That Carini could put a smile on anyone's face.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 01, 2018, 09:28:31 AM
Hans, were you at this show?

I was. Their Amsterdam debut in 1996 was a mess, but with the 2/17/1997 show I finally got the full :phish: experience.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

QuoteJohn Cale Barbican Theatre London UK
2018-03-09

Zoom H2n > SD > Goldwave Tweaks CDR
Recorded from near the middle of the balcony
A Disputandum Production

John Cale
Dustin Boyer - guitar
Deantoni Parks - drums
Joey Maramba - bass

Guest artists
Actress
Cate Le Bon

London Contempoary Orchestra
House Gospel Choir

Hugh Brunt - conductor
Raffaella Crolla - choral director

setlist (single set):
Over Her Head
Dying on the Vine
Hedda Gabler
E Is Missing
Helen of Troy
Big White Cloud
Half Past France
Leaving It Up to You

Magritte
Buffalo Ballet
Mr. Wilson
I Keep a Close Watch
Chums of Dumpty
Amsterdam
Villa Albani
I'm Waiting For The Man
Pretty People

Encore:
Hatred
Emily
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Quote:phish:
06/25/1997
L'AERONEF
Lille, France

SET 1: Olivia's Pool, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Billy Breathes, AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Theme From the Bottom, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Saw It Again, Limb By Limb, My Soul

SET 2: Down with Disease -> Piper -> Down with Disease -> Meatstick[1] -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Makisupa Policeman[2], Cecilia[3] > Hold Your Head Up > Rock A William, Run Like an Antelope[4]

ENCORE: Guyute

[1] Debut.
[2] Unfinished.
[3] Phish debut; performed a cappella by Fish.
[4] Crew introductions and a mention of Antelope Greg.

Probably my favorite McGrupp.

VA $l!m

i can't stop listening to YES from 6-9-79 Chicago, internatonal Amp.
The Long Distance>Fish>Survival>Perpetual Change is absolutely mindblowing and will change your life.
If your a YES fan i highly recommend finding a copy of this show.

ps- i was going to try and find a torrent to link but i went to shnflac for the first time in porb five years and apparently its not a torrent tracker anymore? lol, idk.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 01, 2018, 03:08:20 PM
The Long Distance>Fish>Survival>Perpetual Change is absolutely mindblowing and will change your life.

ps- i was going to try and find a torrent to link but i went to shnflac for the first time in porb five years and apparently its not a torrent tracker anymore? lol, idk.

It's on the youtubes:

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 02, 2018, 09:38:36 AM

It's on the youtubes:

That is sick!  Thanks for sharing both of you.  K+

Buffalo Budd

07-09-1997

LE TRANSBORDEUR
Lyon/Villeurbanne, France
Soundcheck: Funky Bitch, Jam

SET 1: Punch You In the Eye > Prince Caspian, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, Dirt, Taste, Sweet Adeline, Harry Hood

SET 2: Down with Disease > My Soul > Cars Trucks Buses, You Enjoy Myself[1] -> Ghost[2] > Poor Heart[2]

ENCORE: Hello My Baby

[1] Béla Fleck and The Flecktones; Victor Wooten and Mike playing Mike's bass simultaneously. No vocal jam.
[2] Béla Fleck and The Flecktones.

:rawk:

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 06, 2018, 12:44:14 PM
07-09-1997

LE TRANSBORDEUR

SET 1: Punch You In the Eye > Prince Caspian, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, Dirt, Taste, Sweet Adeline, Harry Hood

SET 2: Down with Disease > My Soul > Cars Trucks Buses, You Enjoy Myself[1] -> Ghost[2] > Poor Heart[2]

[1] Béla Fleck and The Flecktones; Victor Wooten and Mike playing Mike's bass simultaneously. No vocal jam.

Pierre!

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 06, 2018, 01:00:04 PM
07-09-1997

LE TRANSBORDEUR

Pierre!
This was my '97 pick for show of the year in that thread from way back when.  So good.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: khalpin on April 06, 2018, 01:08:45 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 06, 2018, 01:00:04 PM
07-09-1997

LE TRANSBORDEUR

Pierre!
This was my '97 pick for show of the year in that thread from way back when.  So good.

Man, I haven't listened to this show in at least a decade.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 02, 2018, 09:38:36 AM

It's on the youtubes:

nice find! i actually tried to find it there and for some reason didnt get that in search.
Steve Howe absolutely shreds in this show.
sounds like this is the same rip i have on disc. I recommmned turnin dowm the treble a bit and its not a horrible mix even thru the youtube.
The one segment i mentioned starts aorund 40min mark, but all the classic cuts are very very good. i skip past alot of the tormato stuff, lol.