News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"National Park Vacation" playlist

Started by AntelopeFreeway, April 26, 2010, 11:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntelopeFreeway

Taking the family on a tour of several  National Parks/Forests/Monuments/Historic Sites this summer.  Visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone, Badlands NP, and assorted other places in the Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska area.  The scenery is spectacular and majestic.  I'm needing some Phish that will provide an appropriate playlist, and I can never remember show dates, etc.  So, I thought I'd turn to the 'paug's collective memory.  Your help is appreciated...

whatapiper

Is this a family playlist or a daddy headphones jam?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

AntelopeFreeway

whatapiper

A good place to start would be rowjimmys mixes!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

kellerb

Lindsay Buckingham:  Holiday Road, on repeat.

Oh, you said National Park Vacation...

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

willsteele

I have found that the Island Tour works very well for me on road trips, but individual songs?  hm...
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

gainesvillegreen

Perhaps go back and read through some of the shows of the week for review here at the paug, see what the consensus is for certain songs/sets, and load those.

I've done this once or twice, for traveling here where the scenery is spectacular and majestic, and it works well. Have come across some stuff I wouldn't have otherwise (or would have otherwise forgotten....7/10/97 comes to mind).
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

ytowndan

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 26, 2010, 05:49:18 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on April 26, 2010, 04:46:58 PM
A good place to start would be rowjimmys mixes!

For sure!  His Stash mix is in my regular rotation.  It's an hour and seven min of some of the greatest stashness in phishtory.

Yeah, that's right.  I'm drunk.  And I just created the word "stashness", and combined it with the already existing (but hetty) word "phishtory".  How friggin' sweet am I?!?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

guyforget

its not a roadtrip until the kids sing along to contact
-AD_

AntelopeFreeway

Quote from: guyforget on April 27, 2010, 02:56:37 AM
its not a roadtrip until the kids sing along to contact

True, but somewhere along the way I've failed as a parent, and can only get one of my kids to listen to Phish.

I'll check out the RJ mixes and see what I find...thanks all

Gumbo72203

What I would suggest is picking one warm/hot show and one chilly/cold show (ie:  1 spring/summer and 1 fall/winter/NYE show) per year.  That way, you can evolve and progress with the band as you progress throughout your trip.  It won't be just haphazard listening

8/7/93 (roller coaster Forbin, Reba whistling over Maze intro)
12/30/93  (Mike's)
6/18/94   (Trey tripped himself into spaceland during this Divided Sky)
11/30/94 and 12/1/94 (huge 2nd set segue-fests, sustained improv madness for consecutive days - SBDs avail from LivePhsh)
6/14/95 (6th show of Summer tour, 8th of the year; 50 minute Tweezer, killer encore)
12/30/95 (best Hood ever, dream-filled setlist: Ice>Kung>Ice, Bowie, TMWSIY, Hood>Bag, Divided Sky, 'Lope, 2001>Suzy...)

That'll do it for now...  Its gonna take some time for me to decide on the latter half.  Now, I guarantee that this will create flame-age wars of angsty cust.  No doubt the exclusion of 12/29/94 and 11/14/95, 12/1/95, 12/2/95, 12/9/95, 12/14/95 and 12/31/95 will cause most of you to go mad.  But there is a logic behind the choices....   with the point being to experience the evolution of the band and the growth and progress of the music, I felt the huge gap in '94 and '95 shows to be appropriate to display that very thing.  Especially with '95, since there is like a 75 show gap in between the two or some shit like that.  And '93 is cool, I think, because, while the show gap is not that big, the time gap is huge, as there is basically like 4 months in between them.  The '94 shows have like a 50 show gap in between them...

But yeah man, these will set you straight.  Haha.   Its gonna take a little time for me to get '96-'00 done, as this is my era of Phish... especially Fall '97 - Big Cypress.  Oh boy, this is gonna be tough... haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

AntelopeFreeway

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 27, 2010, 11:02:17 AM
What I would suggest is picking one warm/hot show and one chilly/cold show (ie:  1 spring/summer and 1 fall/winter/NYE show) per year.  That way, you can evolve and progress with the band as you progress throughout your trip.  It won't be just haphazard listening

I like this idea, and some of your picks are fave's.  Island Tour is always on the playlist, but I needed something new.  The hot/cold/hot type of thing will fit the weather....we'll be traveling at the end of July, beginning of August...and the plains can get damn hot that time of year.

kellerb

Holiday Road, on repeat.  I think I was right.

shoreline99

I tend to like the ambient stuff when I'm driving long distance, myself, but Cypress is great for a long trip.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.