News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on March 16, 2018, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: gah on March 16, 2018, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 16, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
:-o
That is crazy!!!

if by crazy you mean hilarious, amirite?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

(well, not the people getting injured part, that's not funny....but if it were a cartoon.... :hereitisyousentimentalbastard )
kudos to those bailing off a  chair lift traveling backwards downhill. It obviously better than the alternative but that takes balls. I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this

First off, I don't ski. Never have. So I was thinking that the direction of travel seemed wrong but have next to zero point of reference.
Secondly, FUCK THAT SHIT.
Thirdly, I want more video of this.

anthrax

jasonsobel

sing me back home before I die

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Ticketfly, ticketing company for 930 club, MPP, bunch other DC/MD venues, Brooklyn bowl, and more, got hacked and site is currently down. Looks like they got employee and customer info.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mbk3nx/ticketfly-website-database-hacked-data-breach

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Earthquake causing a serious tsunami to rock Palu today.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

:-o Scary stuff!

I was in Fiji a couple weeks ago, and I was having people from here texting me cause I guess there was earthquakes happening, about 150-200 miles away in the ocean, and there were Tsunami warnings, but nothing every happened, and the local folks were like, yeah, that happens all the time, we're all used to it, and just go about our days like usual. But this looks catastrophic.  :|

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: gah on September 29, 2018, 09:45:54 AM

I was in Fiji a couple weeks ago, and I was having people from here texting me cause I guess there was earthquakes happening, about 150-200 miles away in the ocean, and there were Tsunami warnings, but nothing every happened, and the local folks were like, yeah, that happens all the time, we're all used to it, and just go about our days like usual. But this looks catastrophic.  :|

Wait, you were in Fiji a couple weeks ago? Sweet!!!
Yeah, we had a similar scare when in Nicaragua. I had no clue what the dude was trying to tell me at 4 am, banging on our cottage door. I kept thinking he was trying to get us up to see the turtles hatching as it was supposed to happen any day. Finally I recognized tsunami amidst his frantic screams and started yelling for my wife and dtr. Didn't get dressed, left everything, hopped in the back of a pickup and booked her at 60 mph to the top of a mountain to wait it out. Nothing really came but the locals were seriously sketched out. Our dtr was 3 and she thought it was all pretty cool. Got back to our place just in time for dawn patrol. Good times!

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 29, 2018, 04:10:39 PM
Quote from: gah on September 29, 2018, 09:45:54 AM

Wait, you were in Fiji a couple weeks ago? Sweet!!!
Yeah, we had a similar scare when in Nicaragua. I had no clue what the dude was trying to tell me at 4 am, banging on our cottage door. I kept thinking he was trying to get us up to see the turtles hatching as it was supposed to happen any day. Finally I recognized tsunami amidst his frantic screams and started yelling for my wife and dtr. Didn't get dressed, left everything, hopped in the back of a pickup and booked her at 60 mph to the top of a mountain to wait it out. Nothing really came but the locals were seriously sketched out. Our dtr was 3 and she thought it was all pretty cool. Got back to our place just in time for dawn patrol. Good times!

HA! Yeah, I think if locals were sketched, I would've been more concerned, but seeing as how I didn't even know about it, until I got texts from people here in the states, I was like, meh, no big deal, I guess.

Yeah, I was in Fiji for 10 days, guess I forgot to mention that here.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard But yeah, it was for my sisters wedding, she did a destination thing, It was really small. Just 6 guests. Beautiful place man. Beautiful people. Great culture. Reminded me of my travels to any other developing spots in the world. There's a love there in the people, that regardless of what little they have materially, there's an eternal joy and never ending splendor  :-D As soon as I hit LA, I was like, ugggghhhhhh. The emptiness of America hit me like a wave. Anyhow, I'm thinking I might have to go back there.

Buffalo Budd

I definitely hear ya there.
It's on our bucket list for sure.

mbw

rowjimmy

So many places to go... Fiji is up there but it'll probably have to be once the brain cloud sets in.

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 04, 2018, 08:19:22 AM
So many places to go... Fiji is up there but it'll probably have to be once the brain cloud sets in.

volcano sacrifice?
Paug FTMFW!