News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/27 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion Thread

Started by Tomapella, July 27, 2014, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

I enjoyed that video, and I would've enjoyed being there even more. Solid way to end a show.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

anthrax

the funky drummer  :wtu: and i clawed our way down deep into the pavilion for this one.  i remember it like it was yesterday, but i never watched the video.  is it tuesday yet?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on March 27, 2020, 07:57:08 PM
the funky drummer  :wtu: and i clawed our way down deep into the pavilion for this one.  i remember it like it was yesterday, but i never watched the video.  is it tuesday yet?

Was this officially announced as the next video? Another good call if so.... Not even sure I ever listened back to this show but it was a hell of a time live!
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 28, 2014, 12:03:01 AM
Best of 3.0?

It had everything I want in a phish show. Unpredictability, bust outs, JAMZ, real segues, humor, rage, serenity.

Let's see how this holds up on Tuesday!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Was first row mike side on the lawn with my nyc friends for this one. Great time and show.

anthrax

memories of this summer are starting to resurface...i drove out east solo for spac and mann.  stayed at the wonderful paug house for spac and with the virginia boys for the mann.  drove home, chilled.  did the midwest shows.  chilled.  then drove all the way back out east solo again to stay with neely  and then down to portsmouth.  these were my only mpp shows...ever.  it was a bucket list place for sure.  i don't know what you guys see in that venue.   other than phish tends to rage there...that place is a dump!

Quote from: antelope19 on July 28, 2014, 12:08:26 AM
PS- the whole concept of WaWa/Sheetz is blowing Anthrax's mind. It's like Chicago is some sort of third world country....

neely if you're out there, what do you recollect about this?  i've got nothing.

Quote from: antelope19 on July 30, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
Thank you to everyone that I saw this past weekend.  It was a wonderful time and was another reminder as to why this is the greatest place on the internets.  I'm sorry I missed a few of you on one or both nights.  I was wandering the lawn for a while on the second night looking for both SunriseVT and Cleech.  It wasn't meant to be.....

Amazing run of shows with excellent song selection, solid playing, and a lot of laughs along the way. 

I think next year I may try to stay at the Sheraton or somewhere out there.  Even though we were very quiet after the shows when we got home, the wife was none too pleased with our shenanigans.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :roll:

Antelope19 ------->Dog House so far this week.

Totally worth it and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

i hope i didn't have anything to do with this!

VDB

Quote from: anthrax on March 31, 2020, 07:47:19 PM
memories of this summer are starting to resurface...i drove out east solo for spac and mann.  stayed at the wonderful paug house for spac and with the virginia boys for the mann.  drove home, chilled.  did the midwest shows.  chilled.  then drove all the way back out east solo again to stay with neely  and then down to portsmouth.  these were my only mpp shows...ever.  it was a bucket list place for sure.  i don't know what you guys see in that venue.   other than phish tends to rage there...that place is a dump!

The new pav has a pretty nice, contemporary feeling to it, if that's what you were unimpressed with. The lawn there blows ass. The amenities are fairly cramped, but MPP itself is kinda crammed onto this hillside in an interesting way. Frankly I find the worst thing about MPP to be the rude/trash-throwing Northeasterners. (P.S. I'm from Maryland.)
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

I loved this tune in Bangor but noone in my group was feeling the same.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 31, 2020, 09:17:30 PM
My video through Mac feed to Apple TV is horrendous.

Just get rid of those Apple products in your chain and you'll be set.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

mbw

GBL

Buffalo Budd