News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

I'm a certified James Harden hater, but what Ron Artest did was fucking unacceptable. Confirms everything I've ever thought about him: he's a dimwitted/feeble-minded goon who doesn't belong in pro sports.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Hicks

Quote from: phil on April 23, 2012, 06:03:24 PM
I'm a certified James Harden hater, but what Ron Artest did was fucking unacceptable. Confirms everything I've ever thought about him: he's a dimwitted/feeble-minded goon who doesn't belong in pro sports.

True dat, I was stunned when they let him come back after the Pistons/Pacers clusterfuck.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

MiamiPhish

He seems like a kind, gentle soul.

zimbra

Why the hate on James?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

runawayjimbo

I still can't believe he only got 7 games. A repeat offender with a long history of violence? I figured he'd be gone for at least the rest of the year. But I guess that's what happens when you play for one of the league's flagship franchises.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 25, 2012, 09:41:27 PM

I still can't believe he only got 7 games. A repeat offender with a long history of violence? I figured he'd be gone for at least the rest of the year. But I guess that's what happens when you play for one of the league's flagship franchises.

Dude needs to be banned for life.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

phil

Quote from: zimbra on April 25, 2012, 09:11:18 PM

Why the hate on James?

Because he's a douchenozzle. I'll be a thunder hater forever because of the sketchy way in which clay bennett used his connections to move the team from seattle. No offense to oklahoma city (i'm sure it's a wonderful place) but fuck clay bennett and the thunder.

Quote from: Hicks on April 25, 2012, 10:08:56 PM
Dude needs to be banned for life.

for realz. malice in the palace and now this?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Casey Lenahan

anyone see the Heat Knicks game? LeBron tore it up 32 pts. 23 at half. and knicks gave up like 20 something turnovers.
I owe Aug $20

anthrax

tough day for the bulls  :frustrated:

after watching the game today and the bulls bench kicking some serious ass, i thought to myself maybe they can go all the way.  and then rose went out!

funny, i thought the very same thing about the bears with about 6 weeks to go in the season last year.

damn injuries

:frustrated:   :frustrated:   :frustrated:

Casey Lenahan

i think they will be alright they have a great defense and he was hurt all year
I owe Aug $20

Lifeboy

Wow, crazy game in OKC tonight.

mavs, lol
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Multibeast12

Wow, Sorry knicks fans. That was just tough.

anthrax

Quote from: tehdead on April 28, 2012, 09:43:43 PM
i think they will be alright they have a great defense and he was hurt all year

sure they still might win a couple of rounds in the playoffs, but they did that last year.  there's no way they win the title without rose...no way.

ytowndan

Wonder what's gonna happen to Rondo. Stupid move, Rajon, stupid move.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

zimbra

Well today I got offered some free playoff tickets only to find out 2 hours before game time I was no longer getting them.  I immediately got on craigslist and called a guy with 2 tickets for $120(for the pair).  One of my best friends Hudson and I drove downtown,  picked them up, and pulled in about 10 minutes before game time.  We were kind of sketched out since they were paper tickets but the guy seemed alright and gave us the receipt as well.  As we were walking in I looked over and the guy we got the tickets off of was standing in line next to us!  This settled our nerves a bit and we ended up not having a problem at all.   Snagged a few bourbon and waters then wandered up to our seats.  Ended up being seats on the end of the isle  behind our team's bench up towards the top of the arena.  What was about to happen ended up being one of, if not the, best sporting event I've ever been apart of.  Phillip Bailey(Earth, Wind, & Fire) sang the National Anthem and then immediately the lights fell.   The pre-game video and team introductions brought chills to everyone inside that arena.  It was a moment that made me proud as ever to be a born and raised Oklahoman. 

That first quarter of basketball set the tone for what was going to be a physical basketball game.  The Perkins/Dirk altercation with ~5 minutes left in the first quarter got both teams fired up.  What really pissed the crowd off was the loose ball foul that wasn't overturned after a referee review and a DOUBLE TECHINICAL!  WTF is this!?   This resulted in a crowd wide chant of "Dirk Sucks" for a few minutes until KD was fouled, it was fucking hilarious...KD approaches the line to nothing but "M. V. P. !!!!" being chanted in unison by every white shirt wearing person in the building. 

Ran outside during half time to the car, smoked a bowl, and chugged a beer.  Those first few minutes into the second half we just got slammed with fouls putting Collison in huge foul trouble with 5 early in the 3rd.  Coach Brooks didn't let go though and kept playing our big men, even facing foul trouble early in the half.  Brooks and Carlisle were both so fired up, it was great.  The refs were struggling with keeping the two coaches off each other as they were with Perkins and Dirk in the second half.  (The two coaches used to be roommates years back in their Continental Basketball Association days).

Derek Fisher comes off the bench to shoot 5-6, bringing in 8 of his 11 points on a 11-0 Thunder run late in the second half.  As much as I hate to say it, we would not have one that game without him tonight.  Fisher only had 11 points but on the extra pass from Harden to set up the 3 pointer put Fisher up on a scoring run that changed the tone for us.  Kevin Durant makes 2 free throws with less than a minute left to put us up ahead.  James Harden hits 2 clutch free throws then Jason Terry misses two 3pt chances within the last 5 seconds to tie it up.  Inbounded to Harden, he's fouled and makes both sealing the win. 

It was one of the best sports moments I've ever witnessed personally.  Downtown OKC was getting pelted with rain and thunderstorms when the game was out but people were still going nuts in the streets!  People were running through the streets chanting, the parking garages were echoing with Thunder fans celebrating, and people dancing and singing under the bridges across from the arena.  Cops just stopped traffic and let us all party while cars were driving around in the middle of the street with everyone high-fiving and shaking their fists out of the windows.  It was a damn good night to be an OKC Thunder fan in the middle of downtown.

:beers:

I forgot to tell you one of the best parts.  I have a cumulative final at 9 A.M. tomorrow morning and haven't even cracked a book to start studying.  Dropped $60 on a ticket then went and slammed makers mark&waters all game instead.  Just took some addy and brewed a cup of coffee after a little  :smoke:, pulling an all nighter in my playoff tee.  Proudly chose that game over studying and sleep.  It's all about priorities. 

NBA PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio