News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10-17-2014 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR - Post Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, October 18, 2014, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2014-10-17
Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR

Soundcheck: Winterqueen, The Line, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Plasma, Devotion to a Dream

Set 1: Waiting All Night, Free, Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, Strange Design, 555, Bouncing Around the Room > Reba, Roggae, Simple > Maze, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Carini -> Plasma[1], Farmhouse, Halfway to the Moon, Twist, Crosseyed and Painless > Harry Hood > Rocky Top

Encore: Wingsuit, Sleeping Monkey > Quinn the Eskimo

[1] Phish debut
Notes: Page teased Magilla during Simple.  Sleeping Monkey included banter about it being Page's favorite Phish song, and one chorus was sung by the crowd.  This show saw the Phish debut of Plasma (TAB Original).

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I haven't yet heard a lick of it, but the set list is right up my alley.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

First set has great flow from Free on through Coil. I haven't heard WAN but I like it so...

Second set starts strong through Halfway To The Moon which is where I am now. Carini is good and Plasma is great.

mbw

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Update:
After listening to Twist & C&P, I have to note that this is, in fact, a good Phish concert.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 18, 2014, 10:08:56 AM
Update:
After listening to Twist & C&P, I have to note that this is, in fact, a good Phish concert.

I felt the same way last night. Great flow.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

blatboom

the thread title formatting around here has really taken a turn for the worse, just smdh

first half of set I looks awful but I'm sure it was a blast etc. stoked they played Plasma, will seek that out for sure.

remember the one-off sickness of Mr Completely back in 03?

mbw

runawayjimbo

Quote from: blatboom on October 18, 2014, 01:29:16 PM
first half of set I looks awful but I'm sure it was a blast etc. stoked they played Plasma, will seek that out for sure.

Waiting All Night, Free was not awful. I really enjoyed everything from Strange Design on the stream last night. Not even Bouncing brought me down. Passed out at some point during C&P. Looking forward to giving it a relisten.

I didn't realize there was a webcast tonight. Suddenly I'm interested in staying up way too late again.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Caravan2001

Sick show last night!!  So much room on the floor, you could walk right up to the rail.  Awesome time, great playing.  Triple encore FTW!  The Twist and Crosseyed were redid and Carini>Plasma is dirt mcgirt....Hitting the road for Seattle right now.

JPhishman

What an awesome show! Reba, C&P, twist, hood are my highlights.. Was mostly just confused that they played plasma but it was good. Bout to head to Seattle after we eat this pho we picked up at 3am! Yeah phish!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie