News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

check out this sweet little multi kill from Vader last night. Yeah i ate it afterwards, but still worth it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

So i finally finished the Monster Hunter World Story. CLocked in a little over 100 hours, but its not even the end the game by far.
Now there is basically 'hard mode' where you continue to gear up and fight tougher versions of  the top monsters...for like forever, lol.

...But man, what a fucking game.
I can't even reallly express how good this game is.

Its been years since i didnt get bored with a stricktly pve game after just a few hours.
this game had me excited for every single fight from beginning to end.
No lie, i literally would be scared to go fight the next monster every time, lol.
And every time i was finally able to beat them i felt a serious sense of achomplishment.
I dont think ive ever played a game where the challenge vs reward was so perfectly balanced.

Its funny too, beacuse i was convinced i was going to hate this game.
Even the first 10-20 hours i was still unsure if i could get into the combat but then everrything just clicked.
What did it for me, and i suggest for any new players, was 1st finding a weapon that suited my playstlye. Spend the time to watch some videos so you know how to use it properly...
Besides that i had to tweak a few camera settings, mainly the auto lock focus camera drive me nuts. i highly recommned trying the manual camera if you play the game.

anyway, yeah, the game is just hella fun.
Its not a story driven game in the slightest. don't expect to just sit back and watch the game play itself like so many other games do these days.
In that sense it has a very old school hardcore game feel to it.
Though it just completely sucks you in like alot of the classics as well.

ITs just all about these epic fights with monsters that get progressively more and more complex and you improve your own arsenal of skills.
i think this has to be one of, if not the best action fantasy rpg combat experiences ive ever had.
i can't think of anythings that comes close to that realization of actually fighting dragons and such outside of maybe skyrim. But Skyrim still is more of a tactical pause and paced combat system where MHW actually creates a non stop intense dance of death with the creatures.
-and the creatures are magnificant. absolutely A+ design...

anyway, i rambled long enough, but i just want to say- get this game. if your down with fantasy action rpgs that is. get it on sale, or something but check it out.

PS_ i highly recommned fighting every boss solo the first time. There is coop features where you can call in other players online to help, but i only use the coop once ive beaten a monster for the first time. its good to use when you want to go back and fight them multiple times to get gear, but tha tfirst time is soooo much sweeter when you do it yourself.

rowjimmy

Thanks for the Officer tip, Slim. I've been grinding through improving the classes and Officer was next so I'll try that setup next time I sit down to play.

VA $l!m

a few tidbits:

1. PS + Games for MArch are Ratchet and CLank and BLoodbourne.  Always nice to get two AAA games for free. I'm looking forward to finally playing Bloodbourne since its always mentioned as one of the best ARPG combat experiences ever made.

2. TERA console open beta this weekend on both XBOX and PS4. - Getting super pumped for my next mmo addiction. Should have a full release within a month.

3. quick update on SWBF2-  ITs looking like the game breaking bugs untroduced with last patch arent getting hotfixed before the next update which appears to be dropping the revamped progression system in the next week or two. Sadly ive had to suck it up and shelf the game in the mean time. Between the broken AF explosive shot spam and the horrible revamp to dodge/roll/ saber combat the game is pretty much unplayable ATM. The explosive shot bs will almost certainly get fixed next update but noone really knows wtf is going to happen with the saber combat issues.::sigh::
MOreso, there are alot of rumors going around now that we might not see any major seasonal content before th esolo mive, but really everything is speculation at this point b/c DICE has been super silent while they get this progression nonsense finished.

VA $l!m

the Division 2 announced. showcase @ e3

VA $l!m

rowjimmy

I can work with all that.
Thanks for the tips!

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2018, 03:08:53 PM
I can work with all that.
Thanks for the tips!
yeah, now that all the nonsense from launch is out the way they can finally focus on content and balancing.
Most importantly though they confirmed the explosive shot bug fix is in the patch. thank god.

tet

Quote from: Bobafett on February 17, 2018, 02:10:43 PM
Quote from: birdman on January 25, 2018, 08:30:39 AM
Anybody else playing fortnight? Holy shit is this game addicting

I'm in love with this game.

just getting into it now - been playing on my Mac and also on iPhone for past few days, but just found out it was also F2P on Xbox so downloading that now.  pretty interesting, but i suck at it.  send me a PM with your info so we can link up
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

well battlefront updat eis a mixed bag... big surprise, lol.

new progression system seems great, especially for more casual players. real easy to rank up the things you play as. great system overall from what i can tell.
balance wise, without knowing everyone's complaints just yet ,it seems pretty good.

-explosive shot is fixed thankg god and a bunch of cooling mod bugs seem to be fixed.
-guns in general seem pretty well balanced for once... the SE got a range nerf which hurts me a bit, but it was still probably my pick for close range.
-officers presence got huge nerf/fix. no longer stacks for # of soldiers it effects so yeah its a very average card now, but im probabaly still gonna use it just cause i want to maximize my BP gain. Definitely not a must have anymore though.

...ANd then the BAD news- sure there are more than a few bugs that came in this time but the BIG one i'm really bummed about is all blasters heroes movement speed got cut down to normal trooper speed. it completely blows. basically makes you a sitting duck as a hero unless  your a saber wielder. So yeah, HOPE to god they can hotfix this server side and we dont have to wait another month for a fix or that shit is gonna get real old. SMH.
I'll keep ya posted.

birdman

Quote from: tet on March 21, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

just getting into it now - been playing on my Mac and also on iPhone for past few days, but just found out it was also F2P on Xbox so downloading that now.  pretty interesting, but i suck at it.  send me a PM with your info so we can link up
Ive been playing on the ps4. Didn't even know there was a mobile version. I'll have to check it out
Paug FTMFW!

tet

Quote from: birdman on March 21, 2018, 07:26:34 PM
Quote from: tet on March 21, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

Ive been playing on the ps4. Didn't even know there was a mobile version. I'll have to check it out

might need an invite - and i think it's iOS only for the moment.  PM me if you need one
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Bobafett

It's so much harder on the iPhone 6s....I have some invites too if anyone needs one
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

as much as i hate the idea of sitting at a desktop to game i'm really starting to wish i had a pc for all the games that come out years ahead of a shitty console port.
Mainly all the current gen of mmos are all being developed out of the east, mostly Korea, and its driving me nuts i can't play them...
i even have a little cash right now for electronics, but the thought of figuring out a whole getup and everything i'd need makes me sick, lol.

VA $l!m

uploading some clips today.
If i can't get on BattleFront Updates Top 5 plays with this one then i give up, lol.
He really only uses crazy multi kills and quick killstreaks, but TBH the last few weeks have been super weak.
Taking into account this clip has a crazy multikill that i've never seen anyone do ( 4 kills with one yoda saber strike) plus a suicidal objectiv dive/save in the middle of the entire enemy team including a at st... dude, for real.  :-o