News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Amazon Prime Video Recommendations

Started by VDB, June 05, 2017, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

We have Amazon Prime for the shipping, but I rarely ever bother checking out their video options. So let's put our minds together.

I'm looking forward to starting up Long Strange Trip, obvs.

And the other day, I watched Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan, which is a pretty neat look at one of the real pioneers of stop-motion movie effects, and thus VFX in general.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 05, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
Man in the High Castle. Seriously!

I'll second this.

Also, Transparent is a great original of theirs.  And if you like gritty police procedurals, Bosch is pretty good, too.  It's certainly not The Wire, but it has a good pace and is entertaining.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 05, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
Man in the High Castle. Seriously!

Definitely this!!!!

And if you're into it The Tick has a new series on Prime. I believe only the pilot has aired so far though, the rest won't air until August.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Just finished Sneaky Pete which was solid.

Definitely a must for any Brian Cranston fan, although he has a more supporting role. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mbw

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

ytowndan

I'm about halfway through season one of The Expanse and I'm really digging it.  If you're in the mood for an action-packed, but smart and kinda complicated sci-fi series, look no further.  It reminds me of Battlestar in several ways, so if that's something you dug then jump on in.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on January 08, 2018, 07:48:42 PM
I'm about halfway through season one of The Expanse and I'm really digging it.  If you're in the mood for an action-packed, but smart and kinda complicated sci-fi series, look no further.  It reminds me of Battlestar in several ways, so if that's something you dug then jump on in.

Loved season one. Waiting for season two to cross over to Prime.

tet

I think I posted this on the Netflix thread (didn't realize this one existed), but Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fantastic - binged when it came out and didn't realize it was so short!!  The writing and acting are SO on-point, especially Rachel Brosnahan, who was always great in House of Cards but just blew it out of the water here.  A very well deserved Golden Globe for her and the show.  And this is Tony Shalhoub's best role ever
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ytowndan

Quote from: tet on January 09, 2018, 08:46:39 AM
I think I posted this on the Netflix thread (didn't realize this one existed), but Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fantastic - binged when it came out and didn't realize it was so short!!  The writing and acting are SO on-point, especially Rachel Brosnahan, who was always great in House of Cards but just blew it out of the water here.  A very well deserved Golden Globe for her and the show.  And this is Tony Shalhoub's best role ever.

The previews look pretty good, so I'll have to keep it in mind.  I also thought she was great in HoC, and she was fantastic in the highly underrated Manhattan (I think Hulu has that one). 

WillBreathes

Jean-Claude Van Johnson is absolutely amazing.  I grew up loving the JCVD movies (no matter how bad they actually are), and this premise is too damn funny.  Six 30-minute episodes, so good.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

tet

Quote from: WillBreathes on January 10, 2018, 12:28:34 PM
Jean-Claude Van Johnson is absolutely amazing.  I grew up loving the JCVD movies (no matter how bad they actually are), and this premise is too damn funny.  Six 30-minute episodes, so good.

interesting, it caught my eye and i was wondering if it actually was as good as it looked.  i, too, grew up on those movies and absolutely love them
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul