News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W11: 06-15-1995 Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, July 23, 2006, 07:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Alright guys, this is a show that is very very near and dear to my heart, as it was my FIRST SHOW!

It was a hot and gorgeous day in Atlanta, GA, when Phish unleashed a MONSTER of a show.  Beginning with a great My Friend, My Friend and culminating with a killer 1-2 Fluffhead, Antelope knockout combo, the first set had me hooked from beginning to end.

When the band broke out a sweet ass Ha Ha Ha-->David Bowie (at over twenty-five minutes long it scoffs at the notion that it's not a jam vehicle  :-D) early on in the second half, my love for the band was solidified.

This show gets easily lost, being sandwiched in between the Mud Island Tweezer(which everyone was raving about before the show) and the Runaway JAM!  from raleigh the next night, but I think the setlist, improv level and fun level should allow this show to compete with both of them.

Here are the mp3's of the second set.  Thanks go out to AlumniGreens who is going to post the mp3's of the entire 3rd set (and seed a bit torrent of the show)!

Until then, I'd say, go ahead and enjoy the second set!  The Bowie is DELISH!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwf7fi

And to make things ultra-confusing, the first set is next! (Thanks AlumniGreens!)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E9FEA2367B777DCD

Thursday, June 15, 1995
Lakewood Amphitheater, Atlanta, GA

Set I: My Friend My Friend, Sparkle > AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Taste, The Wedge, Stash -> I Didn't Know, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope
Set II: My Sweet One, Ha Ha Ha > David Bowie, Strange Design, Theme From the Bottom, Scent of a Mule, Acoustic Army, Slave to the Traffic Light
Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Frankenstein
Show Notes: Stash was unfinished and melted into I Didn't Know, which was performed in an eerie, slower fashion and featured Fishman on trombone, Mike on electric drill, and Trey on megaphone. Fans of Page will want to seek out this odd, atypical Bowie, as he dominated the jam segment. Bowie also included some odd chanting, including the phrase "Send me on my way" (although not in a manner similar to the Rusted Root song of the same name).

Now discuss!

susep

looking foward to the Bowie>I agree whole heartedly that Bowie qualifies as a jam vehicle as this version will beautifully demonstrate  :beers:

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Here's the second set guys!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwf7fi

Again if anyone has a line on the first set, please let me know!

Alumni

Still looking for the first set?

I can mp3-it and sendspace it here. Or seed it to bt. Or both. Just let me know what'cha need.
Cause I got a degree

jephrey

Since I'm at work, I've been doing the mp3s for all of these.  If you can put them up @ sendspace, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: AlumniGreens on July 24, 2006, 12:16:53 PM
Still looking for the first set?

I can mp3-it and sendspace it here. Or seed it to bt. Or both. Just let me know what'cha need.

AlumniGreens, you are the mizzanne!  I would love it if you do both!!!!  I'm at about 50 percent trying to get it redownloaded, and can help seed hopefully by midnight tonight.  If you can do mp3's of the first set, that would be freaking AWE-SOME!

Until then, here's the run like an antelope!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q3dsyl

Alumni

I'm u/l set I (in its entirety) to sendspace right now. Could take a little bit to finish.

In 4-5 hours, I should have a whole bunch of seeders on the Placid show that I upped this morning. When that one "goes over the top" I'll get this torrent started.
Cause I got a degree

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: AlumniGreens on July 24, 2006, 01:04:54 PM
I'm u/l set I (in its entirety) to sendspace right now. Could take a little bit to finish.

In 4-5 hours, I should have a whole bunch of seeders on the Placid show that I upped this morning. When that one "goes over the top" I'll get this torrent started.

Dude, you rule.  Thanks, btw for all of the April, 1992 shows, I grabbed most of them and had been waiting for them for a while.  The 4/19 Weekapaug is SICK, SICK, SICK!

Also, do you know what source of the show you have? I have the NAK 300 (and that's the one I'm re-downloading), but maybe you have a different one?  The NAK 300 sounds alright, but it's not the "best" sounding source that I've heard from that summer, so I'm hoping that POSSIBLY...you might have a better source?  If not, thanks still!  You rule!

Alumni

No luck - I've got the Nak300 recording too. I'm 99.9% sure I grabbed it from the hub, so we've probably got identical copies. It seems like, for whatever reason, 95 is an uneven year for recordings. This one isn't bad, though (imo).   

Good call on the show. Some of these under-the-radar ones are gems in their own right. And I see what you meant in that other thread about good songs to follow a sick Bowie. :)
Cause I got a degree

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: AlumniGreens on July 24, 2006, 01:26:05 PM
No luck - I've got the Nak300 recording too. I'm 99.9% sure I grabbed it from the hub, so we've probably got identical copies. It seems like, for whatever reason, 95 is an uneven year for recordings. This one isn't bad, though (imo).   

Good call on the show. Some of these under-the-radar ones are gems in their own right. And I see what you meant in that other thread about good songs to follow a sick Bowie. :)

Haha yeah.  My second show was 11/21/95 and after the sick Simple-->Bowie-->Take Me to the River-->Bowie we got GLIDE!  And let me tell you, after those three hits of paper, I WAS GLAD TO BE A GLIDE!

Alumni

Cause I got a degree

fauxpaxfauxreal

August

the burger balls show!
summer 95 is a weird tour for me.
people say that 96 was when the band was changing, but to me, summer 95 was the tour that they seemed to be working things out.a ton of new material, mixed with the extended jams that were seen during fall 94....this tour saw alot of hit or miss shows, with a sprinkling of super-drawn out jams.anyway...

My Friend-always a great opener.my fav tune..i liked the ending with the loops

Sparkle-ACDC-the bag was pretty rippin'.played real well and the placement was good in the third slot.

Homeplace-Taste-i like the beginning of the earlier taste.fishman has a little more interpretation of the song during these versions.not a big taste fan, this one was early, so i cant knock it.

Wedge-well played.another one of my favorite tunes.

Stash-here is where the set starts to heat up.the jam was really cool.quite dissonant.Trey misses the big "realease"note, but it was no biggee.unfinished into...

Didnt Know-best version ever of this.complete with trombone and megaphone.really trippy.

Fluff-Antelope-both were solid.nothing too out of the ordinary for the antelope, but way cool.i liked it.

MSO-Hahaha-nice page solo in the MSO.hahaha was one of my favs during 95.i still love it.
i did 3 shows this summer, and i knew that there was mad new stuff being played.hahaha was the only one were i was completely sure of the title!

Bowie-nice and long (not too long).cool little vocal jam-ish in the middle of it.this one doesnt completely kill me, it is great, but i didnt think it was too noteworthy, aside from the length.i really liked the minute or so before the ending of this, though.

Design-Theme-two more new ones.this theme arrangment is nice.different than the one that would be seen in the fall of 95 which is different than the one they settle on.great jam in theme.

Scent-i dont like scent to begin with, and this jam portion really fell flat.i liked the later 94 mule duels.

Slave-Bouncing-Frank-the slave kinda went nowhere and didnt really do much.wasnt really digging on the slave.

i am gonna give this show a B.
the stash>IDK-fluff-antelope is a heavy four hitter.
nice pick, faux.
a

Alumni

Faux - just a heads-up re: seeding this one. Although there's only one source recording in the db for this show, it looks like there are 3 different transfers. I don't know what's up with it, except that the fileset I have matches the most recently seeded version:
http://db.etree.org/shn/17238

Seems safe to assume that it's the "best" of the 3, so I'll go ahead and start the torrent in about an hour, when the 12.16.95 seed from this morning becomes self-sustaining.
Cause I got a degree