News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Getting a total newbie into Phish

Started by Red Sea Pedestrian, June 24, 2007, 04:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonsobel

I would give him a copy of the second day of the Clifford Ball.
sing me back home before I die

Wolfmansbrother

rowjimmy

How about a compilation of performances of Jennifer Dances?

Frawg

I know it's generic but 12/31/95 is perfect for a newbie.

The last person I met like your friend, a friend of mine's girlfriend, received from me a copy of the IT festival.

Hicks

Wait, the Bangor Tweezer sucks? 

Damn, who knew?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

12/31/95 is not generic.
12/31/95 is the stuff that dreams are made of.

Best

Show

Ever

From

Phish

At

Least

Frawg

Yeah it is.  I just meant because it's so mass distributed.

That's a good thing, though.  An excellent representation of Phish for the general public to get into.

Wolfmansbrother

i attempted to slowly get my girlfriend interested in phish with studio versions of their slower songs (waste, billy breathes, train song, My Friend, My Friend [not necessarily slow], weigh, etc.) she ended up liking a few "phishy" songs (golgi, contact) but thats where her musical journey ended...

Red Sea Pedestrian

Forgot to mention he got Junta from a different friend of mine, I'm trying to get him into the live stuff...

I really need to get 12-31-95. The source I have ummmm sucks.

Frawg

Quote from: Wolfmansbrother on June 25, 2007, 06:57:58 PM
i attempted to slowly get my girlfriend interested in phish with studio versions of their slower songs (waste, billy breathes, train song, My Friend, My Friend [not necessarily slow], weigh, etc.) she ended up liking a few "phishy" songs (golgi, contact) but thats where her musical journey ended...

Me too. And it worked for a while.  Then we made big plans to go to Coventry.  We went.

Now she hates Phish.

sophist

Quote from: Hicks on June 25, 2007, 06:44:46 PM
Wait, the Bangor Tweezer sucks? 

Damn, who knew?

So my comment is NSFW, so you have to change the font color to read it. 
if by sucks, you mean deep throats like a seasoned veteran and tickles the sack while deep throating, then yes it does suck.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

first 4 shows I downloaded were:

12/31/95
12/7/97
11/15/95
8/9/98

That did the trick for me.  The old 8/9/98 mp3 set on furthur even came missing the YEM, which I was pissed off about for about 3 years until I found the full version and realized that that particular YEM sucked ass.

mopper_smurf

I tricked a friend with the DSOTM show.
And bought him Junta for his birthday shortly afterwards.
Worked like a charm.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: phan003 on June 25, 2007, 07:53:18 PM
So my comment is NSFW, so you have to change the font color to read it. 
if by sucks, you mean deep throats like a seasoned veteran and tickles the sack while deep throating, then yes it does suck.   :wink:

hahaha how charming

kellerb

Quote from: Red Sea PedestrianWell, he plays both bass and electrical guitar, his taste in music is kind of all over the place, from bach to death metal, and his guilty pleasure is Avril Lavigne, so it's hard to real pick one style of jam for him to listen to.

Quote from: August on June 25, 2007, 04:37:10 PM
Give him Junta.
Seriously.
a

Actually, send Avril Lavigne a copy of Junta.
Seriously.