News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Pretty sure they had mailers and a mini PO st the last fest w LPs.

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2018, 09:00:48 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 02, 2018, 10:17:13 PM
Going to bring a mailer so I can just ship 'em back from the fest PO.

Solid idea.

To all Curveball attendees:  would love a copy as well.  Can pre-pay via paypal if needed. 

mistercharlie

I'll get as many as I can.  I still owe Mr. C a package and will try to hook up Aug too.  Going to bring a mailer so I can just ship 'em back from the fest PO.

You're the man, Todd!! Thanks!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

I say anybody in the tristate area gets bumped from the list, get your own at the damn fest for christsakes.    :evil:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 03, 2018, 05:44:46 PM
I'll get as many as I can.  I still owe Mr. C a package and will try to hook up Aug too.  Going to bring a mailer so I can just ship 'em back from the fest PO.

You're the man, Todd!! Thanks!

Well, let's wait see if I get an extra first.  But you are at top of list.  I'm not sure how they do it.  But I am sure I can at least talk one of my friends into getting in line with me.

Caravan2001

I am surprised to see the Welker Rift going for so much on Discogs ($179) but they did sell some on Dry Goods after the fact iirc.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 03, 2018, 11:15:09 PM
I am surprised to see the Welker Rift going for so much on Discogs ($179) but they did sell some on Dry Goods after the fact iirc.

Yes they did. It was up for about an hour on Dry Goods before they sold out. That's how I got a copy of that version of Rift. I just happened to wake up at the perfect time that day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

August

Petty Vol. 2 of the Album Box Set is in stock at music direct. $220.99 shipped with promo code: 4th15
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/tom-petty-the-complete-studio-albums-vol-2-180g-vinyl-12lp-box-set

Might be your only chance to get the RM Wildflowers from the tapes.
They're really dragging their feet on that one.

This has been going for $500 for a bit now.

"While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo, and The Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, 'the sound quality is especially better on these albums.'"

Buffalo Budd

You're killing me Aug.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: August on July 08, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
Petty Vol. 2 of the Album Box Set is in stock at music direct. $220.99 shipped with promo code: 4th15
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/tom-petty-the-complete-studio-albums-vol-2-180g-vinyl-12lp-box-set

"While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo, and The Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, 'the sound quality is especially better on these albums.'"

Funny you mention it, countdown is now up on the Petty site:

http://www.tompetty.com/

Please be the Wildflowers Deluxe, Please be the Wildflowers Deluxe!
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
Quote from: August on July 08, 2018, 04:30:19 PM

Funny you mention it, countdown is now up on the Petty site:

http://www.tompetty.com/

Please be the Wildflowers Deluxe, Please be the Wildflowers Deluxe!

Welp there is a new Petty vinyl box, but it's not the Wildflowers Deluxe. Boooooooo. 

I guess this looks pretty good:

http://store.tompetty.com/an-american-treasure/an-american-treasure-6lp-vinyl-box-set-1.html

emay

First 100 people that get SSP at curveball get this sick Millard too.

mistercharlie

I thought they said that all of the Curveball SSP's would come with the print, just like Rift a few years ago. Is it only the first 100 now?

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 02, 2018, 05:21:00 PM
I thought they said that all of the Curveball SSP's would come with the print, just like Rift a few years ago. Is it only the first 100 now?

it looks like from drygoods it says this one is a screen print and the ones that come with the vinyl are foil prints, maybe of a different design...