News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

I have a friend whose two kids attend the school and another friend whose cousin is a teacher there, all of whom were uninjured. I know an awful lot of people who live in that area, still waiting to hear back from a bunch of them. So sad, what a tragedy.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

DoW

Quote from: shoreline99 on December 14, 2012, 04:31:38 PM
I have a friend whose two kids attend the school and another friend whose cousin is a teacher there, all of whom were uninjured. I know an awful lot of people who live in that area, still waiting to hear back from a bunch of them. So sad, what a tragedy.
I was wondering if you knew anyone in that area.
glad you have heard some confirmations of no injuries.
this story is just so unreal.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

whatapiper

Quote from: DoW on December 14, 2012, 04:34:32 PM

Sadly the mother of the shooter is probably better off now than if she had survived, not sure how she could live with herself thereafter
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

birdman

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 14, 2012, 02:27:21 PM
Quote from: birdman on December 14, 2012, 02:13:52 PM
If those children and teachers were carrying concealed firearms this would have never happened. Thanks Obama and liberals for allowing this tragedy to happen.

Well, that's just ridiculous. The kids can get them on the streets. But I agree, the teachers, like pilots, should be taught and allowed to carry concealed weapons while at school.
I really don't think teachers should have guns. My wife is a first grade teacher. She doesn't need a gun (like EVER). Then I might get shot. Lord knows I might deserve it.
Paug FTMFW!

shoreline99

Quote from: DoW on December 14, 2012, 04:34:32 PM

Just found out the 7-year old niece of one of my clients that attends Sandy Hook stayed home sick from school today. I've taken classes at that firehouse. I just can't fathom how you could kill a kindergartener (let alone an entire class, or anyone for that matter) in cold blood at point blank range. My mind is reeling.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mbw

Quote from: birdman on December 14, 2012, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on December 14, 2012, 02:27:21 PM
Quote from: birdman on December 14, 2012, 02:13:52 PM
If those children and teachers were carrying concealed firearms this would have never happened. Thanks Obama and liberals for allowing this tragedy to happen.

Well, that's just ridiculous. The kids can get them on the streets. But I agree, the teachers, like pilots, should be taught and allowed to carry concealed weapons while at school.
I really don't think teachers should have guns. My wife is a first grade teacher. She doesn't need a gun (like EVER). Then I might get shot. Lord knows I might deserve it.

i'm really hoping GAH was kidding.

Superfreakie

Quote from: susep on December 14, 2012, 04:25:07 PM
edit - a big Fuck You to the douche bag reporters interviewing children.

^^^
saw this too....wtf.

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

too fucked up for words.

eliminating guns would not have prevented this - just ask any NRA lobbyist
:roll:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Undermind

This is pretty much on point imo...  I don't think this country will ever pass meaningful gun control laws because the majority don't want to and the NRA is lining the pockets of too many politicians.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/14/opinion/why-we-let-the-school-shootings-continue.html?_r=0
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sls.stormyrider

depending upon where you live, I think the majority may want gun control laws.

unfortunately, some people think their right to own a gun is more important than the life of some innocent kid
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Guyute

To say this hit close to home puts it mildly.  I live a couple towns away, my kids schools were put on lockdown.  It was a half day though and they didn't inform the parents.  All everyone knew was that there kids were late and the initial reports were that a second shooter had got away and they were searching for him.   I just drove to the school was my solution.

Today was also the 20th anniversary of Wayne Lo and the Simons Rock shooting.  I grew up in that area, was my senior year in high school and my parents and a friend that worked there in security. 

Just crazy shit.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

PIE-GUY

I've already proven that I'm probably the only nerd into musicals on this board so I assume none of you are familiar with Sondheim's musical Assassins. Anyway, I'm sitting around listening to the Beatles White Album right now. I'm on side four. Almost done. Yet this song from Assassins is just sticking in my head above the Beatles.

Here's the part that's got me:

QuoteA gun kills many men before it's done,
Hundreds,
Long before you shoot the gun:

Men in the mines
And in the steel mills,
Men at machines,
Who died for what?

Something to buy --
A watch, a shoe, a gun,
A thing to make the bosses richer,
But
A gun claims many men before it's done...
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Completely at a loss here.  Scares the shit out of me the world our kids are growing up in.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.