News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Been too busy with Fortnite lately... Gonna have to get back to Battlefront, clearly.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 18, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
Been too busy with Fortnite lately... Gonna have to get back to Battlefront, clearly.

That Ewok hunt mode is super simple and a lot of fun.

That said, you guys try the 50v50 mode in Fortnite?
I've played an a few winning teams but not, honestly, contributed much.
It does afford a greater opportunity to build and I'm getting better at that.

I have also copped the iOS version. It's tough to play that on a phone but I've gotten better. Played a 50v50 game on it this morning wherein I not only made it to the last three on my team, I had a couple kills (big deal for me) including the final opponent kill that got us the win.

Very proud of that.

VA $l!m

was playing mostly Tera the last few weeks til a friend of mine picked up SWBF2.
been playing with him the last few days and also started uploading some of my old fav clips.
this cut is from one of my best/favorite matches. just total domination with Leia on last point Hoth. check it out!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

getting real excited for E3 this year.

especially getting hyped for all the buzz about Bethesda probably announcing their new tentpole franchise to go with Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
sounds like it will be the sci fi  rpg Starfield. And theres some consensus that its already done and will bve released this year.

Bobafett

I'd like an open world space game by Bethesda.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Bobafett on May 12, 2018, 07:45:35 AM
I'd like an open world space game by Bethesda.
Zactly. Especially considering theve stated in the past that whenever they bring a new rpg to the table they want to create something new and groundbreaking gameplay wise and not just repeat whatever systems they did in the past.
im real excited thinking about what new thing they could come up with like VATS from fallout or the combat system from Skyrim that were botht so different from anything else out there when they launched.

im also looking forward to cyberpunk 2077's showing from CDprojectred.
-last of us 2... division 2...  & in general the storm of nex wave Battle Royal hype that were going to see of all the studios trying to milk the pubg/ fornite fad.
espeically with the heavy hitters like COD and Battlefield both hinting at mixing up their games to possibly incoorporate them.  I think theres going to be some interesting changes in the big AAA meta releases we'l at least get a glimpse of.

tet

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 11, 2018, 08:24:15 PM

especially getting hyped for all the buzz about Bethesda probably announcing their new tentpole franchise to go with Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
sounds like it will be the sci fi  rpg Starfield. And theres some consensus that its already done and will bve released this year.

you're probably right, Bethesda usually ships something within a few months of announcement.  i was so psyched with the Fallout 4 release like that.  though if i had to guess, it's probably gonna be Skyrim for LG Refrigerators or something. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on May 12, 2018, 08:39:13 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on May 11, 2018, 08:24:15 PM

you're probably right, Bethesda usually ships something within a few months of announcement.  i was so psyched with the Fallout 4 release like that.  though if i had to guess, it's probably gonna be Skyrim for LG Refrigerators or something.
hehe yeah.  they did actually book like a huge timeslot though.  also there were the walmart leaks for upcoming games which included rage 2. i believe thats bethesdas game if i recall. so theres that.  also they put up the spaceship thing on their twitter. plus there were a ton of leak/rumors been going around all spring about starfield. its a pretty good bet, but yeah... ya never know.

ps borderlands 3 was another of the walmart leaks noone knew about for anyone digs the borderlands.

Bobafett

I gotta say the new season of fortnite is the tits.  I'm not into superheroes but I like the new gameplay ideas it brings.    So hard for me to believe it's a free game that does so much new stuff each week.
It gets my adrenaline up like no other game I've played in years.  I also got a 325m snipe last night that was sweet!

Also birdman,  I'm all up in junk junction and the crack houses nearby.  The hop rocks make it so much easier to beat the storm if you need to.   :sbw:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

Fortnite ruined gaming.
RIP.

birdman

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 13, 2018, 05:55:31 PM
Fortnite ruined gaming.
RIP.
I said the same thing when mrs Pac-Man came out.
Paug FTMFW!

tet

Fortnite ruined gaming.
RIP.

hah, it's a fad that will pass...  i'm sure EA is looking how to implement the battle royale mode into every possible game now.

no joke though, someone on the Destiny sub mentioned how awesome it would be for Bungie to add this is a mode, and he's right - it would be really fucking cool actually.  imagine all of those superpowers and crazy powerful weapons in such a setting.  it would be pretty epic, i think.
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on May 14, 2018, 03:24:08 PM
Fortnite ruined gaming.
RIP.

hah, it's a fad that will pass...  i'm sure EA is looking how to implement the battle royale mode into every possible game now.

no joke though, someone on the Destiny sub mentioned how awesome it would be for Bungie to add this is a mode, and he's right - it would be really fucking cool actually.  imagine all of those superpowers and crazy powerful weapons in such a setting.  it would be pretty epic, i think.
oh no. trust me  BR isnt just coming to a few games. it is literally shifting the entire shooter genre throughout every major studio.
I mean when Battlefield, COD, and all  the other major shooters are talking about shifts in their tried and true formulas to leech off the fad its defintiely effected the entire industry.
yet anothre reason i'm super sxcited to see what some of these games bust out with at E3.
I personally like the BR genre and am really excited to see what pseudo adaptations and progressions are developed by some serious developers.

The issue i have with Fornite has nothing to do with the genre, but actually the lowering of quality expectation as well as the F2P marketing shifts it represents.
Basically Fornite is the culmination of the influence of the mobile gaming generation on "hardcore" or "real" pc/console gaming that we've seen happening in the industry over the last 5-10 years.
Everything just came together for a F2P model game stealing the BR fad thunder off Pubg that really has the quality of a mobile game.
I mean, sure its just a 'fun' game for some people, but so is candy crush.
the idea that platforms that now can push out massive performance and graphics are being dominated by such a low tech product that looks like it could have come off ps2 is scary.
You couple this idea with the huge backlash over any attempts by aaa devs to monetize much more hardcore live service gaming experiences then you get the industry completely changing their approach to what kind of games they make.
The whispers coming from the big devs is replicate Fornite's success we just need to create fun F2P games with constant updates and sell cosmetics.
Sadly this also means creating shotty, low tech, shallow and addictive oriented experiences like mobile games.
maybe not so ironically but fornite reminds me alot of donald trump. It/ He's really more the symptom than the cause.

anyway, i rant.
PS- Ms PAc MAn is one of my top 20 all time fav games.

tet

i mean, i hear all of that, but TF2 has been a F2P, cosmetic-fed monster for the better half of a decade now, and still going strong.  i don't think Valve has needed to even come up with new IP because of how many warehouses of cash they have just from that and DoTA2, forgetting the rest of their Steam proceeds... 

quality matters, and i don't think it's fair to say Epic has brought that down.  they're one of the originals in the industry, and while graphics used to push the limit a bit more, it's not like they are releasing shit products.  i still think BR is a fad, and Team Deathmatch, CTF/objective, and infection game modes will continue long into the future. 
-Phish

VA $l!m

...and bingo, there it is Black Ops 4 announces battle royal.
can't wait to see what battlefield does now.