News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Artuto "Thunder" Gatti Tribute Thread

Started by unclepaulie, July 16, 2009, 03:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclepaulie

Hey, I know I'm a noob on these boards and all, and if this thread violates any protocal inre: noobs starting a thread then by all means remove it...

But if this is ok for me to start, I'd like to make a tribute to Arturo "Thunder" Gatti, 2-time boxing champion and the guy who made me a fan of the sport. If you're not familiar with him, check out youtube highlights from the first fight with Micky Ward (esp. round 9) and  enjoy.

Mr. Gatti (who I had the pleasure of interviewing when I lived in NYC, just before the Mayweather fight) was a consummate professional and a boxing purist's dream:heart, heart, heart for 6-8-10-12 rounds. Not the most skilled guy ever, but a real fighter. Anyone who wants to pay their respects is encouraged to do so here.

If you can't find dancin' girls, the next best thing is a good bottle of whiskey and a fine cigar.

mehead

huge boxing fan..thanks for the thread..was always geared up to watch his fights..very entertaining....

RIP
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rickjamesstjames

There is a fantastic HBO special airing this month on Gatti and his trilogy of fights with Micky Ward. I'm only a casual boxing fan and stopped on it a few days ago solely because of uncle paulie's avatar and after a few rounds I was hooked.

Watching Gatti fight though a broken hand to end up winning the 3 Match was truly moving.

Thanks Uncle Paulie!! +k       :rawk:
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

Lifeboy

HUGE boxing fan, and I dont think anyone had a bigger hear than Gatti. I have the Ward/Gatti trilogy on tape and watch them regularly.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

I'm a Montrealer and we would see him around town all the time. Heart over technique.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.