News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1/17/2016 Barcelo Maya Beach Resort, Riviera Maya, MX - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mistercharlie, January 18, 2016, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

01/17/16
Barceló Maya Palace Deluxe
Riviera Maya, Mexico

Set 1: Mexican Cousin, The Curtain With, Sample in a Jar, Yarmouth Road, The Landlady, Army of One, Kill Devil Falls > Bathtub Gin, Funky Bitch > Moma Dance > I Saw it Again

Set 2: Down with Disease* > Roggae > C&P* > Farmhouse > Mike's Song > Bug > Weekapaug Groove*, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: The Ocean

* 'Shipwreck' quotes.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Haven't heard a note, but that second set looks tasty. And I was really hoping for a full on Shipwreck, but I guess that quotes and teases will do.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

emay

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Gundo

Quote from: phil on January 18, 2016, 11:40:13 AM
when the f are they gonna play Fluffhead again?
Looking back on the setlists for 2015 there just wasn't a whole lot of composition heavy songs in rotation. Some Bowies and Rifts and that's about it

The Ocean is my absolute favorite Zeppelin tune though. I hope I catch one someday  :rawk:

WhatstheUse?

This show was my favorite of the 3 but as a whole, I felt like the entire run was below average for how they've been playing the past year.

Sure wish I could've been there though.  Looked like a one in a lifetime experience. It's too damn easy to hate from my couch!
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 18, 2016, 12:48:17 PM
This show was my favorite of the 3 but as a whole, I felt like the entire run was below average for how they've been playing the past year.

Sure wish I could've been there though.  Looked like a one in a lifetime experience. It's too damn easy to hate from my couch!

I'd like to think they'd do it again.  Had to be good money in it, plus a working vacation.  Hope to see some pics of band-fan interaction/adventures.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: JPhishman on January 18, 2016, 03:39:15 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see this become a regular thing.

I really hope this is true, watching the stream just had me green with envy.
I don't care if the band wasn't dropping monumental jams all weekend, the experience would be worth it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I just saw a tweet basically saying nobody signs on for these resort deals with less than a three year contract.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

Yessir!  I just watched the ocean.  It's a cool breakout and all, but fluberfiliously sloppy.  Garage band sloppy with million dollar light show, accommodations and amenity. 

A fucking slam dunk for the conceptualists!

That said, I wanna be there now picking up shells and baggies!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks

I wonder if they are going to do anything about the ocean people if they do it again. 

That looks like the way to go. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Struggling HARD today at work. Sleep has been a rare commodity the last five nights.
Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Is this still Wombat?