News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1996 Phish article in The Onion

Started by birdman, January 09, 2011, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

aphineday

:laugh: Nice work, I hadn't read that either.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Mr Minor

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

"They've been burning the candle at both ends for way too long. This was bound to happen," said the EPA's Helen Duenoff, who as chair of the Hippie Band Toxicity Task Force has studied the effects of fan odor on members of bands like Phish, Rusted Root and Blues Traveler.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

kellerb

So, are you guys finally ready to admit that the 1.0 crowds were just as bad as the 3.0 crowds?  Pieguy knows his shit.

mbw

i have a copy of the original paper this article was in in the archives.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

willsteele

HA.  That article is hilarious.  I think theres been similar posts/articles/blogs around here the past few years...   I always find them really humorous.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

mbw

this was always one of my favs...

I Can't Stand My Filthy Hippie Owner
BY THUNDER THE FERRET
APRIL 15, 1998 | ISSUE 33•14

QuoteI swear, after a while, that Phish shit my owner plays 20 hours a day was almost starting to sound good.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-cant-stand-my-filthy-hippie-owner,10889/

willsteele

QuoteThe absolute worst thing that ever happened to me, though, was when that son-of-a-bitch Zach got out that goddamn collar and took me down to the park to watch him take off his sandals and juggle sticks.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

QuoteAdded Breyer: "I have 940 bootlegs."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  Again.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

twatts

Quote from: willsteele on January 10, 2011, 09:50:13 PM
QuoteAdded Breyer: "I have 940 bootlegs."

This is when I knew the Onion article was a joke.  I mean, no Phan says "bootlegs".  We all say "tapes"...   :-P

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will