News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-31 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Disscussion

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2018, 01:43:40 AM
Trey’s Guitar Rig has some deets in Trey’s strat and such.
https://twitter.com/treysguitarrig/status/1057869085063565318?s=21

"This is an Ed O'Brien Stratocaster (EOB Model).  It's decked out in white @drstrings.  The CAE wah and RST-24 are also done in white. Trey's amps are off stage but he still appears to have access to most effects via the RST."
Pics at the link.

We saw that Strat offstage at Hampton.

Sets 1 & 2 were so good last night.
Enjoyed the Tweezer on the way in this morning but, although I played the entire set, I slept through it all. Replayed the Tweezer though because Tweezer.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2018, 08:30:36 AM
Trey’s Guitar Rig has some deets in Trey’s strat and such.

"This is an Ed O'Brien Stratocaster (EOB Model).  It's decked out in white @drstrings.  The CAE wah and RST-24 are also done in white. Trey's amps are off stage but he still appears to have access to most effects via the RST."
Pics at the link.

Enjoyed the Tweezer on the way in this morning but, although I played the entire set, I slept through it all. Replayed the Tweezer though because Tweezer.

For the gearheads:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratEOBOWT--fender-eob-ed-obrien-stratocaster-olympic-white

Interesting pickup setup.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: shoreline99 on November 01, 2018, 09:02:50 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2018, 08:30:36 AM
Trey's Guitar Rig has some deets in Trey's strat and such.

Pics at the link.

For the gearheads:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratEOBOWT--fender-eob-ed-obrien-stratocaster-olympic-white

Interesting pickup setup.

Yup.

QuoteNeck Pickup:   Sustainer Driver Pickup
Middle Pickup:   Texas Special Single-coil
Bridge Pickup:   Duncan JB Jr Humbucker
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

That second set was the business! I look forward to watching it after work today!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 01, 2018, 11:46:38 AM
Quote from: Bobafett on November 01, 2018, 11:01:52 AM
They made it up.  Killer dark robotic weirdness
fo real?  :mrgreen:

It's on par with the greatness that was Thrilling, Chilling Sounds!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 01, 2018, 12:00:27 PM

i wonder how long its gonna take for me to knwo if ya'll are pulling my leg or not on this one, lol.
Regardless, my interest is peaked now. Hope i can find a way to get this show. Gonna check out the free set opener on youtube ASAP.

VA $l!m

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 01, 2018, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 01, 2018, 12:00:27 PM

i wonder how long its gonna take for me to knwo if ya'll are pulling my leg or not on this one, lol.
Regardless, my interest is peaked now. Hope i can find a way to get this show. Gonna check out the free set opener on youtube ASAP.

I dunno if I would call it dark exactly.

It was like some weirdo blend of new wave and krautrock, designed to sound like some lost album from the early 80s written by somebody with only a tenuous grasp of the English language. 

A mindfuck for sure. 

That's pretty sweet that he was playing an Ed O'Brien strat! I feel like he met Trey at some point and they sort of hit it off?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

But yeah hearing Trey play a Strat for an entire set was one of the coolest parts of the whole thing IMO. 

Pretty slick production with the cubes and light up stage too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

so from what ive gleaned so far they even planted info about this fake album/artist on the web to troll every1? wow. :clap:
i lvoe where this band's heads are at right now.

VA $l!m

seriously. this first bit is all ive heard and its already my favorite thing theve done in 3.0.
might be the first legit time in 3.0 ive had that " i need to drop everything and go on tour" feeling.
ha! never thought it'd happen again. i love these guys!  :crazy: