News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by antelope19, March 30, 2015, 09:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: DoW on April 22, 2015, 12:45:26 PM
I don't know if I agree with the line not to throw at anyone intentionally ever.  I agree with not throwing at anyone's head.
Baseball has always had the unwritten rule to settle the score on the field.
Harvey threw at Utley a week or two ago and hit him in the back. This was after Philly hit 2 Mets, knocking their cleanup hitter out of the game.  Utley took it like a man and went to 1st base and his post game comments were that he'd been hit before.  it was no big deal.  there was no carryover the next game.

I don't think it should carry over as much as some of these divas do nowadays but some games it is handled like professionals and is part of baseball.

Beaning someone is not covered by those unwritten rules, and that is what I was referring to.  If you're going to throw at a guy, there is a lot of area to hit that does not involve potentially creating permanent brain impairment.  Anything chest or above is egregious.

Since Buck is so fucking keen on having his guys throw at opponents, at least have the fucking decency to instruct them to do it the right way.  He's a fucking douche.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

antelope19

Quote from: pcr3 on April 22, 2015, 12:12:35 PM
Quote from: mattstick on April 22, 2015, 12:00:05 PM

http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/04/21/jays-take-out-the-trash-13-6-game-fourteen-thoughts/

Jays Take Out The Trash 13-6: Game Fourteen Thoughts

QuoteDid someone say something about trash birds?

The shitheel Baltimore Orioles, a living, breathing, 25-man avatar for the pile of human garbage posing as their manager, Buck Showalter, got their shit-brains knocked out, metaphorically, by the Toronto Blue Jays tonight, and so like so many petty losers before them, decided to try and actually get physical with the Jays.

In another slice of baseball's ongoing real-funny-until-someone-gets-his-brain-scrambled-or-worse stupidity with players whipping balls dangerously close to one another, Rule 5 pitcher Jason Garcia, playing the part of overzealous goon trying to impress the coaches at a hockey training camp, did what he surely thought Showalter would have wanted and threw behind Jose Bautista's back after allowing a Josh Donaldson double to start the bottom of the seventh of a game that was, at that point, 11-4.

Dumb.

And dumber still because Jose is fucking awesome. A couple pitches later and he homered — just like he did when shitbag Oriole Darren O'Day threw behind him last week — and pimped the home run like a man who had just almost been intentionally maimed while playing a damn game of baseball should. He admired his shot, flipped his bat, shouted at second baseman Ryan Flaherty, glared at the dung piles in the Orioles dugout, then celebrated with his teammates like the ball he knocked out of the yard (again) had been hit directly into the souls of the cheapjack little shits who threw at him for no good goddamned reason.

Then, when Jose took the field for the eighth, Showalter, dipshit Adam Jones, and others didn't seem to think he had been respectful enough by not sombrely circling the bases and declining to brush off the fact that the fuckhead Orioles were back in the business of throwing at players who were getting the best of them, like a bunch of little shithead Machado-inspired children. Wahhh, fuckfaces.

Then, because he is a fucking boss and not intimidated by the horseshitting Baltimores or their manager's sad old man thuggery, when Delmon Young stung one to right field, Jose charged it, trying to throw Young out at first — and nearly did so, much to the chagrin of the idiot Orioles and their idiot announcers, who apparently felt he was hot dogging out there, and were more concerned about this than pointing out the crass and ugly stupidity of their team in trying to maim this guy yet again.

Dumb as fuck.

Don't throw at people intentionally. Ever. But here's a pro tip, Orioles: maybe especially don't throw at Jose.

I totally agree with this post.  Fuck Buck and his band of tools.  At the game I went to last Friday, Jimenez threw at Sandoval's head because he slid hard (and totally legally) into 2nd base earlier in the game.  No excuse for ever throwing at a guy's head.

I'm just catching up on all of this. Pcr, you're crazy if you think that was intentional. He had a no hitter going. Ubaldo is historically wild. Matt, I'm not even going to address that nonsense. Your blue jays have quickly replaced the Yankees as my most hated team in MLB. As for throwing at someone intentionally, I agree that it has its place. But IMO it's gotten a little out of hand and I don't think you should ever throw at someone's head.

Also, I don't get the hate for Buck at all.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Oy, that blog post was tough to read. It was like a YouTube commenter trying to do his best Matt Taibbi impression.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Shocked that O's fans can't see how pissy their club looks from the outside.  It's also from a guy who used to write a blog called "Drunk Jays Fans" and it's supposed to be inflammatory and red meat for the Jays fanbase.

Also, lolz at the idea that the Jays are more hated than the Yankees...

pcr3

Last time I checked, a no-hitter is still intact when you hit a batter. It was clearly intentional, and, if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 05, 2015, 11:16:49 AM

Shocked that O's fans can't see how pissy their club looks from the outside.  It's also from a guy who used to write a blog called "Drunk Jays Fans" and it's supposed to be inflammatory and red meat for the Jays fanbase.

Also, lolz at the idea that the Jays are more hated than the Yankees...

Shocked that you(and the rest of the jays fanbase)love to puff your chest out So much about a team that hasnt been relevant since I was in 8th grade. Get over yourself, dude.

That said, the jays have def. been kicking our ass this year.

antelope19

Quote from: pcr3 on May 05, 2015, 12:14:59 PM
Last time I checked, a no-hitter is still intact when you hit a batter. It was clearly intentional, and, if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

True, but there's always the risk of getting tossed like he was. I just don't see how it was intentional.

VDB

I haven't seen any of the games in question Matt, so I can't comment on them.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

OK, we get it, Antelope19 is sensitive about his O's.

antelope19

Keep trolling buddy. You sure know how to take the fun out of talking sports.

DoW

the best thing about the Mets skid is they get to play the Os the next 2 games.
easy start to a new winning streak.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

Yeah, 'cuz getting serious about an obviously comedic blog post is a barrel of monkeys. 

Got it, don't say anything negative about the O's unless I need to be reminded that the Jays haven't won a WS since 92/93.

VDB

Neely, don't expend all of your angst here, we welcome its participation in the politiw00k threads.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mattstick on May 05, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

Yeah, 'cuz getting serious about an obviously comedic blog post is a barrel of monkeys. 

Got it, don't say anything negative about the O's unless I need to be reminded that the Jays haven't won a WS since 92/93.

Whatever you do, do NOT post any jokes in the Redskins thread. DC sports are SER BIZ only.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 05, 2015, 08:22:47 PM
Neely, don't expend all of your angst here, we welcome its participation in the politiw00k threads.

The fuck does that mean?!?!
:wink:

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.