News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

:syf:
1973-02-09
Roscoe Maples Pavilion, Stanford U.

First show with the Wall of Sound. There are a couple of kinks but it still sounds pretty awesome from this recording.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

Tedeschi Trucks Band
2015-12-03
Capitol Theatre
Port Chester, NY

Source: Schoeps mk41>NBob Actives>Naiant Tinybox>Sony M10 @ 24/44 – (OTS FOB slightly ROC, ~9, 30cm/50 deg
Transfer: 24/44 files>Audacity >FLAC16
Taped/transferred by: chk

Set 1:
1. Don't Know What It Means >
2. The Letter
3. Bound For Glory
4. Do I Look Worried
5. Sticks And Stones
6. Bird On A Wire
7. The Sky Is Crying
8. Idle Wind > Drums > Idle Wind

Set 2:
1. I Want More
2. Keep On Growing
3. Laugh About It
4. Get What You Deserve
5. Midnight In Harlem
6. Break In The Road
7. I Pity The Fool
8. Intro > The Storm
Encore:
9. With A Little Help From My Friends

I've listened to this at least 5 times in the past week, maybe more
killer
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

:syf:
Buffalo Auditorium
1981-09-26

Set 1

Shakedown Street ->
C C Rider
They Love Each Other
Cassidy
Jack-A-Roe
On The Road Again
Ramble On Rose ->
Looks Like Rain
Brown Eyed Women ->
Let It Grow ->
Don't Ease Me In

Set 2

Playing In The Band ->
Bertha ->
Estimated Prophet ->
Goin'Down the Road Feeling Bad ->
Drums ->
Space ->
Not Fade Away ->
Morning Dew ->
Playing In The Band ->
One More Saturday Night

Encore
Johnny B. Goode
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

:phish:

03/12/1988   
Nectar's, Burlington, VT

Set 1: Jump Monk[1], McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > The Lizards > Tela[2] > Wilson > AC/DC Bag > Colonel Forbin's Ascent[2] > Fly Famous Mockingbird > The Sloth > Possum, Run Like an Antelope

I was reading about them hitting the Zappa show earlier if this was the correct date for this recording. I can't help but wonder if that sparked a little inspiration to do the whole set with narration.

mopper_smurf

https://archive.org/details/hollybo2016-01-09.cruisetunes

QuoteHolly Bowling
01/09/16
Jam Cruise 14 - The Atrium

01 Fly Famous Mockingbird
02 A Song I Heard The Ocean Sing > *
03 Help On The Way >
04 Slipknot! > ^
05 Theme From The Bottom >
06 Swept Away >
07 Slipknot! >
08 Franklin's Tower > **
09 Magellan ending only **
10 It's Ice >
11 Frankenstein >
12 It's Ice
13 Harry Hood > ^^
14 Tweezer Reprise ***
15 Cemetery Walk II ***

* - w/ The Ocean [Led Zeppelin] tease
^ - w/ China Cat Tease
** - w/ Aron Magner
^^ - w/ Confrontation [Disco Biscuits] & Windshield [Greensky Bluegrass] teases. Hood was unfinished.
*** - w/ Joel Cummins
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

I decided to start a little project of listening to every Phish show with a good review and a decent recording from 1983 onward. It's been helping me pass the time at work. Of course there are a few missing as I've had to rely on Phish.in for most of the shows I'm listening to. Well, I've made it up to 1989 and it's been a blast hearing the progression from one week to the next. I have just made it through 5-26-89, which has the supposed debuts of Mango Song and Bathtub Gin. The whole show is a scorcher but the YEM in particular is a standout version.

Friday, 05/26/1989   
Valley Club Cafe, Rutland, VT
Set 1: Bold As Love, AC/DC Bag, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Sanity[1], Halley's Comet[2] > The Sloth, You Enjoy Myself
Set 2: David Bowie[3], The Mango Song, Split Open and Melt, Bathtub Gin[4], Run Like an Antelope, Golgi Apparatus
Set 3: Slave to the Traffic Light, Funky Bitch, The Ballad of Curtis Loew > Possum
Encore: The Practical Song

Notes: Sanity was the fast version. Richard Wright provided guest vocals on Halley's Comet. Sweet Georgia Brown was teased before and in the Bowie intro. Linus and Lucy was also teased in the intro. Bowie was subsequently announced as, dedicated to, and sung as "Lazy Lester." This show contained the first known version of Bathtub Gin. Trey compared Antelope to his life-long dream of playing hockey and dedicated the song to "all you pro hockey players out there." Curtis Loew contained teases of the Popeye theme and Fishin' Hole from Trey. Possum contained Johnny B. Goode teases.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Bob Marley and The Wailers,
30 april 1976,
Beacon Theatre, NYC, N.Y
, Early show

sbd master cass. - 1st copy - 2nd copy - DAT - CDR - Flac

CD 1

Are You Ready? >
Rastaman Chant >
Conquering Lion,
Burnin' and Lootin',
Dem Belly Full,
Rebel Music
, Want More,
Roots Rock Reggae
, Johnny Was,
Lively Up Yourself,
Night Shift,
Crazy Baldhead

CD 2
Encore:
Positive Vibration >
Rat Race >
War >
Get Up Stand Up

Excellent show, the opening sequence is great.   :mrgreen:

mopper_smurf

David Bowie - Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, USA, 5 September 1974

http://liveandloudshows.blogspot.nl/2014/09/show-7-david-bowie-universal.html

Quote1984
Rebel Rebel
Moonage Daydream
Sweet Thing
Changes
Suffragette City
Aladdin Sane (1913-1938-197?)
All the Young Dudes
Cracked Actor
Rock 'n' Roll With Me
Knock on Wood
It's Gonna Be Me
Space Oddity
Diamond Dogs
Big Brother
Time
The Jean Genie
Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
John, I'm Only Dancing
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Grateful Dead Live at New Haven Coliseum on 1981-05-12
Matrix, Soundboard, Hunter Seamons

Set 1

Alabama Getaway ->
Greatest Story Ever Told
Peggy-O
Cassidy
It Must Have Been The Roses
Me And My Uncle ->
Big River
Althea ->
Little Red Rooster
China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider

Set 2

Shakedown Street ->
Looks Like Rain
Ship Of Fools
Estimated Prophet ->
He's Gone ->
Drums ->
Space ->
The Other One ->
Wharf Rat ->
Sugar Magnolia

Encore
Don't Ease Me In

This one's for Marley!

mistercharlie

Quite a nice day at work today.
I got through:
:phish:
07/24/1998
07/26/1998
08/08/1998
:music:

Now that I've found a reasonable level to listen to my music without disturbing my officemates I'm loving my job even more.
Spreadsheets and Phish, I'm a happy man!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 29, 2016, 03:24:24 PM
Grateful Dead Live at New Haven Coliseum on 1981-05-12
Matrix, Soundboard, Hunter Seamons

Set 1

Alabama Getaway ->
Greatest Story Ever Told
Peggy-O
Cassidy
It Must Have Been The Roses
Me And My Uncle ->
Big River
Althea ->
Little Red Rooster
China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider

Set 2

Shakedown Street ->
Looks Like Rain
Ship Of Fools
Estimated Prophet ->
He's Gone ->
Drums ->
Space ->
The Other One ->
Wharf Rat ->
Sugar Magnolia

Encore
Don't Ease Me In

This one's for Marley!

2 "Bob" He's Gone dedications in 1 week as the 05/06/1981 He's Gone was dedicated to Bobby Sands. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: susep on April 01, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
2 "Bob" He's Gone dedications in 1 week as the 05/06/1981 He's Gone was dedicated to Bobby Sands.

True dat.

khalpin

Just finished Clifford Ball and really all of Summer '96 over the past few weeks.  It's really a shame the summer tour wasn't a little bit longer.  With all of those short festival and Santana opener sets in Europe, and I guess some Fall 95 hangover, they never really got their mojo working until the end.  But those last few shows from Deer Creek through the Clifford Ball were fantastic.  Then by Fall tour they were starting from scratch again.

mbw

Quote from: khalpin on April 15, 2016, 04:11:05 PM
Just finished Clifford Ball and really all of Summer '96 over the past few weeks.  It's really a shame the summer tour wasn't a little bit longer.  With all of those short festival and Santana opener sets in Europe, and I guess some Fall 95 hangover, they never really got their mojo working until the end.  But those last few shows from Deer Creek through the Clifford Ball were fantastic.  Then by Fall tour they were starting from scratch again.

hey, the alpine show is no slouch either.