News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Contract for Phish 10-25-90 + Promotional Display Poster and Rider.

Started by lifeboy13, May 03, 2009, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeboy13

I recently was browsing Ebay for my ticket stub collection (My new favorite Hobby), when I came across a very strange and unique auction.  It said "Phish Show Poster & Performance contracts with Rider".  I looked and looked again, was at $20 with no bids and I wasn't sure if it was real.  There wasn't a show listed in the Pharmers Almanac for 10-25-90.  It did look like it was likely a show though with Phish touring out east in September of 90' and starting to head south after the first week of October.  The last recorded show before this was October 13th in South Carolina, and then they spring up in Colorado just 5 days after this.  After a short debate with myself I decided I had to have it, My first show was 10-25-95 and the coincidence was too good to be true.  The bid went to $29 with about 45 minutes to go, I was hoping the guy wouldn't fight me too much for it and in the end I was able to over bid him by a couple of bucks.

I just received this yesterday and I must say I really was pleasantly surprised to find both John Paluska's & Paul Languedoc's phone numbers on these!!  Condition of the poster is as described but the documents look real and are in NICE shape!  The guy I bought it from appears to be the booking agent maybe due to the papers are white and it says the white copy is for the agent. I wonder how long it will be before I try one of those numbers lol.

Please let me know what ya think of this and if ya think I got a good or bad deal paying $35 for this with S/H.  Peace and Love, thanks.
Good Day, Every Day!

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Those are sweet posters, I have a couple of them.  That one is the sweet horizontal one, they came in black and white and black and yellow.  They are hard to find without a show scrolled on the bottom, but that makes 'em kind of unique too.  In the old days, I used to always try and get them off the walls as soon as the show ended, but they always were gunked up with tape  or something...I have 2 of those bigger ones, and two of the vertical skinnier ones that are the same picture but came out in Spring '91.....The one you got is the best one....the rider is kind of cool too....I would think the poster is worth $35, it is to me....they are hard to find in good condition.  Nice find...

lifeboy13

Quote from: caravan2001 on May 04, 2009, 12:13:16 AM
Those are sweet posters, I have a couple of them.  That one is the sweet horizontal one, they came in black and white and black and yellow.  They are hard to find without a show scrolled on the bottom, but that makes 'em kind of unique too.  In the old days, I used to always try and get them off the walls as soon as the show ended, but they always were gunked up with tape  or something...I have 2 of those bigger ones, and two of the vertical skinnier ones that are the same picture but came out in Spring '91.....The one you got is the best one....the rider is kind of cool too....I would think the poster is worth $35, it is to me....they are hard to find in good condition.  Nice find...
Thanks man, That's great to know.  Not that I'm looking to price this or anything, It's probably gonna get buried with me lol.  The facts that you added will help me in describing this to friends over the future years to come as it hangs framed in my house.
Good Day, Every Day!

rowjimmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 04, 2009, 07:41:29 AM
Cool.
I'd love to read the rider in full.

Yep--that fascinates me. I think 35 bucks was a deal. Great collectible item; personally I'd do like you said, frame & art-hang.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

lifeboy13

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 04, 2009, 07:41:29 AM
Cool.
I'd love to read the rider in full.
I tried to put it on here but having trouble figuring out how to make it a small enough size to fit as an attachment.  I get it eventually otherwise if your gonna be at the Alpine shows, you can take a closer look at it.  Was hoping to make it to DC and PA but will see.
Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

gonna take me a bit to get the whole rider in but here it is.
Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Good Day, Every Day!

WhatstheUse?

This stuff is great!

Kinda makes PHiSH seem like a bunch of stuck-up assholes though  :-P

I didn't know they were big enough in 1990 to make such specific demands!

QuoteOne quart of Guacamole or 3 ripe avacados
:lol:
Bring in the dude!