News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Brad's wedding

Started by drvinestein, May 26, 2009, 06:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

It's a template.  I thought of this when I first put together the template.  I suppose I figured special events wouldn't be part of a tour but also wouldn't be part of the overall setlists.  I think we should figure a way to name these with the "tour" on the end that makes sense...

So for a national anthem, you could make it

"Live Appearance, No " and it'd come up "Live Appearance, No Tour"

The "Live Appearance, No Tour" page would list all the appearances not part of a tour.  That'd be ok, dontcha think?

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

shoreline99

Cool Idea. Tough to work within this framework, but what you've proposed makes a lot of sense. That way, the 'no tour' can cross years, etc.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

jephrey

Right, all it is, is a link to a page and we could put anything in that page we want...  I think just copying from the year page would be fine...  I mean, that's how we make the tour pages. 

Although I just checked and here's how the link works.  It uses the text before Tour and applies the year.

So if you look at any setlist page, the upper right will say (for example)  Summer Tour        1999.

Summer Tour links to the "Summer 1999" page and 1999 links to the "1999" page.  We can make adjustments to that line, like even taking out the tour links (I think only some have actual pages so far.  It's basically duplicate data except the stats are tour specific instead of year specific.  If we change the template, we can type any text there we want, with or without a link but would have to go back and modify stuff. 

Anything we do, lets just do it to the template as a proposal and we can always revert.  I don't really need to go to a "Tour" page although a tour summary is nice.  Maybe the tour summaries can go on the year page or something like that... 

The next question is will there be a header on the year page for non-tour shit?

I really hoped more people would add information like on band members and timelines and stuff like that and I guess I wished that the data could be populated from a table so stats could automatically be generated.

Other ideas?
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Ok, I edited the template.  See what you think of this...

I removed the addition of "Tour" to the "TourDescription"  so it'll work better with non-tour stuff.  Now it basically just says Japan instead of Japan Tour.  On the bright side, to the right it still says the year, so it looks like Japan       2000.  If you click on Japan, it brings you to the Japan 2000 page and if you click on 2000 it brings you to that show on the year page.

Now you can enter something like "Live Appearance" and it'll link to a "Live Appearance 2000" page which can then be redirected to a "Live Appearances" page containing ALL live appearances unless we want to leave them split apart by year. 

I thought of a few other options but they all included slightly changing every setlist page or getting rid of the tour pages which although we might want to modify them so they're not redundant to the year page, I still think they're nice to have.

Right now I think 2000 is the only year with tour pages set up.

shoreline99

OK, great. I will have plenty of time to work on this stuff this summer.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

drvinestein

@ jephrey:

OK, the first solution you proposed - friggin awesome and a good idea.

I'm glad that you edited the "Tour" thing out, too because it's too silly for stuff like "Las Vegas Run Tour"

Great work!

:clap:

Besides, each year's General Statistics box can be edited to reflect how many shows were part of a tour, how many were special appearances/performances, etc. 

QuoteThis year there were 100 shows
80 shows were from tour
20 shows were special appearances

or something like that...