News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: August on April 09, 2018, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 09, 2018, 03:20:07 PM
:-o

Good galloping Christ, that's a long run.

Honestly, it was the "easiest" LR that I've ever run.
No real bonk, no wall, just chipping away at each leg.
Going off course destroyed me.
We were ahead of goal pace at that point and I became deflated. Rebounding from that mistake and tacking on the extra mile was the ultimate test.
I'm going back next year and will run even stronger and am going Top 3.

Did you and your friend end up running it together, or did you split up at some point? did he go off course too? I'm just blown away that you were still pulling sub 10's 40 miles in!!! Seems to me you ran the whole thing strong.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

August

Thanks!
Yeah, we ran the whole thing together.
Trained together and raced together.
He has the speed and I have the (Ultra) experience, so it was a great combo.

gah

Quote from: August on April 09, 2018, 05:06:47 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, we ran the whole thing together.
Trained together and raced together.
He has the speed and I have the (Ultra) experience, so it was a great combo.

Yeah, I recognized him as the dude you did the 30 miler with a few weeks ago. Solid work man, seriously inspiring!

August

Thanks, guys!
Happy with my result!

Caravan2001

:beers:

Nice work pal.  Keep it up!

gah

So here's something someone got me a three month subscription of starting last month. Basically, every month you get a variety box 5-6 food items, gels, powders, etc a recipe card, a discount card of the items in the box if you wanna order more from the specific company, and one extra item, like last month I got a stretch band, which has come in helpful the last few weeks for my hamstrings, and yesterdays box came with a wrist slip pouch wallet...which is super comfy and will fit my house key a few bucks for stopping for a drink on a long run or whatever. I don't know yet if I'll continue the subscription after my third gift box, but just thought I'd share if any of you guys were interested in looking into it as well. It's been dope cause its let me sample things like hammer gels, picky oats (oatmeal), energy gummi bears, e-fuel, bolt energy chews, gu, skout pumpkin seeds, maurten drink mix 160, etc....

https://stridebox.com/

August

Nice! Looks cool!
Always great to try new fuels before dropping bucks on them.

August

Just got the invite to be the official pacer for the 4:00 group at the Suffolk County Marathon in October!
So incredibly stoked!
Helping others break 4 for their first time is going to be an amazing experience!

Caravan2001

Quote from: August on April 11, 2018, 07:35:15 PM
Just got the invite to be the official pacer for the 4:00 group at the Suffolk County Marathon in October!
So incredibly stoked!
Helping others break 4 for their first time is going to be an amazing experience!

Sweet!

gah

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2018, 07:45:34 PM
So incredibly stoked!

Sweet!

Nice! So much respect for the pacers  :clap:

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: gah on April 12, 2018, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2018, 07:45:34 PM
So incredibly stoked!

Sweet!

Nice! So much respect for the pacers  :clap:

cool!!
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

https://nysmusic.com/2018/04/18/watkins-glen-ceos-spin-on-phishs-curveball/

"For starters, he did confirm that the fan favorite event — in the past titled the Runaway Jim 5K road race — will happen again this year."
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

August

Ran a 5K today (with a 180ft climb in mile 1  :-o) in 19:18/6:08p. Fun times.

Next up is the Long Island Marathon in 2 weeks and then I'll focus on some speed throughout the Summer.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

Quote from: August on April 22, 2018, 06:51:30 PM
Ran a 5K today (with a 180ft climb in mile 1  :-o) in 19:18/6:08p. Fun times.

Next up is the Long Island Marathon in 2 weeks and then I'll focus on some speed throughout the Summer.

:beerbang: