News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Hot Deals!!! Storage, Blank Media, etc...

Started by ucusty, August 08, 2005, 01:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

sony dvdr's 50 pack on sale for 19.99 at best buy

phishdisc

Was  there a rebate or just a low up-front price? Thanks for the heads up.

mbwoellert41

Should we make this a blank DVD/CDR bargain thread?    

Best Buy has 50 packs of Fuji DVD-R/+R $19.99 and 100 packs of Fuji DVD-R/+R for $39.99.  That is the up front price after instant rebates, and there are no mail-in rebates.

Those are real good deals, on a great DVD brand.

Mike
Mike Woellert
Trades:  db.etree.org/Mike_Woellert

jephrey

Buy 2 50 packs and save a penny over the 1 100 pack!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

thisistoto

Bill

In my area, the 50-packs of Fuji at BB are TY but the 100s are not.  Check your labels before you buy.

DenverBoyder

^  same thing 'round here.  I swear the best buy people must think i'm nuts tho... i go so far as to ask them where their back stock of fuji discs are ("uh, arent the fuji's right there sir?") when i can't find TY (japanese made) fuji's on the shelves...

-b

crnl4bn

%$ Grassroots Computers #*
http://grassrootscomputers.com/?gclid=CL2frcTVyogCFQqDOAodtgO39g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2TB Hard Drive = $860

2TB (2000GB) External Timberline USB Hard Drive Storage System - Recertified (860$)
http://www.grassrootscomputers.com/_e/loc/product/2000%2F72%2F16%2DSATA%2DB4044U/2TB_2000GB_External_Timberline_USB_Hard_Drive_Storage_System_Recertified.htm

Timberline 2,000GB (2 Terabyte) External USB 2.0 Storage System

FREE USB 2.0 cable included
FREE Upgrade to 16MB Cache Hard Drive

This Timberline Terabytes is a selectable hardware JBOD/Spanned RAID enclosure utilizing up to 4 IDE/ATA-133 disk drives with the convenience of hot swappable and plug-and-play USB 2.0. It requires no software or driver on most operating systems (Windows 2000/Xp/Vista, OS X). It just works.

This system can be upgraded at a later date to a maximum of 3 Terabytes and is by far and away the most affordable and compact way to store large amounts of data. You can use the drives that are inside and swap them out with other drives for reusable, flexible storage options.

RAID Mode Explained:

Standard Mode - JBOD - ("Just a Bunch of Disks" or sometimes "Just a Bunch of Drives") is just that, Individual physical disk drives. In this mode, each drive in the storage box will be recognized as individual drives. It's the simplest / easist setup.

Combined Mode - Spanned - Spanned is a method for combining multiple physical disk drives into a single virtual one. Sometimes refer to as "concatenation" or "append", the advantage of JBOD is the convenience of have one large volume instead of multiple smaller volumes.

Top Features include:

* Affordable high capacity data storage
    * Extremely compact size RAID storage (JBOD/Spanned).
    * Hot Swappable design
    * Vented design and built in fan cooling, quiet operation
    * High speed easy to use USB 2.0 data transfers

Your drive comes with:

High Speed External USB 2.0 Storage System
      USB 2.0 Cable
      External Power Supply
      Drivers CD (drivers only needed in Windows 98, XP users do not need drivers)
      Compact, Stylish Design, Stylish blue indicator light
      Maximum Transfers up to 480Mbps with USB 2.0

Capacity/Speed: 2TB (2000GB) Please read FAQ for informatin on useable capacity.
      Buffer Size/Cache: 16MB
      Casing Material: Aluminum
      Size: 5.3" Wide x 7" Tall x 10" Deep
      Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 or Serial ATA (SATA)
      Operating System : Windows XP or MAC OSX
      Average Seek Time: 12 ms
      Max transfer rate: 480MB/sec USB
      Case Condition: New
      Drive Condition: Recertified
      Warranty: 6 Months

===================================================================================
1TB Hard Drive = 450$

1TB (1000GB) External Timberline USB Hard Drive Storage System - Recertified (450$)
http://www.grassrootscomputers.com/_e/loc/product/1000%2F72%2F16%2DSATA%2DB4044U/1TB_1000GB_External_Timberline_USB_Hard_Drive_Storage_System_Recertified.htm

Timberline 1,000GB (1 Terabyte) External USB 2.0 Storage System

FREE USB 2.0 cable included
FREE Upgrade to 16MB Cache Hard Drive

This Timberline Terabytes is a selectable hardware JBOD/Spanned RAID enclosure utilizing up to 4 IDE/ATA-133 disk drives with the convenience of hot swappable and plug-and-play USB 2.0. It requires no software or driver on most operating systems (Windows 2000/Xp/Vista, OS X). It just works.

This system can be upgraded at a later date to a maximum of 3 Terabytes and is by far and away the most affordable and compact way to store large amounts of data. You can use the drives that are inside and swap them out with other drives for reusable, flexible storage options.

RAID Mode Explained:

Standard Mode - JBOD - ("Just a Bunch of Disks" or sometimes "Just a Bunch of Drives") is just that, Individual physical disk drives. In this mode, each drive in the storage box will be recognized as individual drives. It's the simplest / easist setup.

Combined Mode - Spanned - Spanned is a method for combining multiple physical disk drives into a single virtual one. Sometimes refer to as "concatenation" or "append", the advantage of JBOD is the convenience of have one large volume instead of multiple smaller volumes.

Top Features include:

* Affordable high capacity data storage
    * Extremely compact size RAID storage (JBOD/Spanned).
    * Hot Swappable design
    * Vented design and built in fan cooling, quiet operation
    * High speed easy to use USB 2.0 data transfers

Your drive comes with:

High Speed External USB 2.0 Storage System
      USB 2.0 Cable
      External Power Supply
      Drivers CD (drivers only needed in Windows 98, XP users do not need drivers)
      Compact, Stylish Design, Stylish blue indicator light
      Maximum Transfers up to 480Mbps with USB 2.0

Capacity/Speed: 1TB (1000GB) Please read FAQ for informatin on useable capacity.
      Buffer Size/Cache: 16MB
      Casing Material: Aluminum
      Size: 5.3" Wide x 7" Tall x 10" Deep
      Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 or Serial ATA (SATA)
      Operating System : Windows XP or MAC OSX
      Average Seek Time: 12 ms
      Max transfer rate: 480MB/sec USB
      Case Condition: New
      Drive Condition: Recertified
      Warranty: 6 Months

http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!

- Lord Tsongkhapa, King of the Dharma

PhishJY

Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

tet

except it's Maxtor...  ugh.  they used to be good, in like the mid 90s.  complete shit drives now IMO. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

PhishJY

Quote from: tet on October 22, 2006, 11:03:11 AM
except it's Maxtor...  ugh.  they used to be good, in like the mid 90s.  complete shit drives now IMO. 

Some are...some aren't.  Depends on if you get a pos out of the box.  I have a 250GB and been using it for about the last year or so.  Never had a bit of trouble out of it.  My experience with Maxtor is that the drives are hit and miss.  They either break quick or don't break at all.

This 250 that i'm using now was in my computer for about 6 months before I stored anything on it that I couldn't afford to lose.  Keyword: Backup :-D
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

tet

yes, but it's hard to keep a valid backup of nearly a terabyte of data, which is what i'm up to for my computer.  Maxtor warranties are only 1 year, whereas WD or Hitachi/IBM are at least 3-5 years.  I'd rather pay more for that peace of mind - and i've had to have 2 HDs replaced from each of those companies about 3 or 4 years after purchasing them, without any hassle whatsoever.  a bad Maxtor after 13 months of use is a paperweight. 
-Phish

mattstick

I only buy Seagate HDs - they have a 7 year warranty, I've replaced several with them too, it's quite easy.

PhishJY

Quote from: tet on October 23, 2006, 12:44:16 PM
...Maxtor warranties are only 1 year...a bad Maxtor after 13 months of use is a paperweight. 

I concur.

Quote from: tet on October 23, 2006, 12:44:16 PM
yes, but it's hard to keep a valid backup of nearly a terabyte of data, which is what i'm up to for my computer.   

Does that 1TB change every day?  I've got exactly 225 DVD+R's filled with shows.  If you're editing 1TB a day, I'd like to know what you're doing.  You must be VERY busy! :-D

tet

no, my 1 TB is relatively static - it's finding time to burn the 200 DVDs that i have a problem with.  i'm more inclined to backup to HDs these days to be honest with you...
-Phish