News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 01:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

the Ghost was a real jam.  I can't want to hear it again and nothing else particularly.  that and the Tweezer were the best things from the 2 nights imo

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on January 01, 2011, 01:27:36 AM
the Ghost was a real jam.  I can't want to hear it again and nothing else particularly.  that and the Tweezer were the best things from the 2 nights imo

Yeah pretty much.  I dug last night's Gin too, but I guess I should take that to another thread. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

aphineday

Superfreakie

blatboom

Page has been MVP the last two years.  Trey for the most part is struggling with everything

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for the review SF.  I get where you're coming from with the greatest hits thing but I bet it would have been a fun place to be for New Year's Eve.  Gonna have to give this a listen, especially that 2nd set, and weigh in then.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2011, 01:23:31 AM
I think Trey is having real trouble finding that creative musical spark again now that he is sober. He gets off on rock peaking a song, it's his new drug. You can see it in his face. And as a result, there is zero patience in his playing and thus nothing new can spring forth.

yes, its actually very boring and mundane.  its not the "Phish" legacy that Trey once tried to protect and preserve.  that is why Phish is currently a nostalgia act like most every other band.  what separated Phish from the others was their ability to create spontaneous, inspiring music, now they play their catalog, rarely jam and collect a lot of dough.  its really no where near, musically speaking, where it was and will never be I'm sure.   

Buffalo Budd

And to reiterate, from what I've heard so far, Page is killing it and definitely gets top honors for this MSG run.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Multibeast12

Quote from: susep73 on January 01, 2011, 01:32:38 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2011, 01:23:31 AM
I think Trey is having real trouble finding that creative musical spark again now that he is sober. He gets off on rock peaking a song, it's his new drug. You can see it in his face. And as a result, there is zero patience in his playing and thus nothing new can spring forth.

yes, its actually very boring and mundane.  its not the "Phish" legacy that Trey once tried to protect and preserve.  that is why Phish is currently a nostalgia act like most every other band.  what separated Phish from the others was their ability to create spontaneous, inspiring music, now they play their catalog, rarely jam and collect a lot of dough.  its really no where near, musically speaking, where it was and will never be I'm sure.   
I kinda hate to admit this, but i'd have to agree. The shows are fun but they (Trey) don't have that inspirational jams they once had. Like i can't get through the Cliffords Ball DVD's because after every two songs i have to play guitar. I wish they would just Jam again. I wish Trey would stop rock peaking and just Jam and see where it ends up.

aphineday

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 01, 2011, 01:36:48 AM
And to reiterate, from what I've heard so far, Page is killing it and definitely gets top honors for 3.0
FYP

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 01, 2011, 01:32:26 AM
but I bet it would have been a fun place to be for New Year's Eve.

All critiquing aside, I would of given my left testicle to have been there tonight grooving with the paug kids. I think that's what folks miss when I am critical. I haven't seen Phish since Shoreline 2000, and that's after having seen 150 shows. I lived on tour for 12 years (some of that GD). There's no place on earth I rather be. I couldn't care less what's coming out of the speakers, just to feel the energy and vibe of everyone again. I miss it all.....too much.  :cry: