News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Dark Tower

Started by mistercharlie, January 13, 2011, 11:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Thankee sai!!!

I guess this news is a few months old but I just found out about it tonight. They have finally started production on a Dark Tower Movie/TV series. I know that they had planned one a few years ago with JJ Abrams set to make it, but that fell through. Now Ron Howard is at the helm.

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-movie-trilogy-tv-series-ross-77542/

I am very excited for this. The Dark Tower is one of the greatest stories ever. I loved those books.

And rj, if you're a Dark Tower fan, I suggest your next comic read be the Dark Tower prequel series that Marvel has been running the past few years.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

The way they plan to bridge the movies with the TV series is pretty interesting. 

::will watch::
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cactusfan

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 13, 2011, 11:30:26 PM
Thankee sai!!!

I guess this news is a few months old but I just found out about it tonight. They have finally started production on a Dark Tower Movie/TV series. I know that they had planned one a few years ago with JJ Abrams set to make it, but that fell through. Now Ron Howard is at the helm.

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-movie-trilogy-tv-series-ross-77542/

I am very excited for this. The Dark Tower is one of the greatest stories ever. I loved those books.

And rj, if you're a Dark Tower fan, I suggest your next comic read be the Dark Tower prequel series that Marvel has been running the past few years.

and akiva goldsman is writing. sigh. give up hope all ye who enter here...

rowjimmy

JJ Abrams would have been something worthwhile.

Ron Howard?

Have you seen any of his more recent adaptations? He sure did a hell of a job with The Grinch!

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on January 14, 2011, 02:20:41 AM
The way they plan to bridge the movies with the TV series is pretty interesting. 

That's what I think make's it sound all that much better. There are definitely bigger plot points in the books that will make great movies and then there is a lot of littler plot points that will make a good serialized tv show. I hold out hope that Ron Howard will do a good job on this. Sure he can be hit or miss, but with material this awesome I think he'll do a great job.

Also, I'm wondering who he's going to cast his strange younger brother Clint as. There are lots of characters in the Dark Tower series that Clint would be perfect for, and you know Ron puts him in all of his movies.

In case you don't know who Clint Howard is off the top of your head here he is:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I'm a bigger fan of Clint than of Ron.

VDB

Ron Howard's finest moment was his guest turn on The Simpsons all those years ago. Downhill ever since.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

would not get my hopes up for the TV series

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 14, 2011, 10:49:09 AM
Ron Howard's finest moment was his guest turn on The Simpsons all those years ago. Downhill ever since.

Do I smell vodka and wheat grass?

Hicks

DaVinci Code was the most boring movie I've seen in recent memory.

/just sayin'
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2011, 09:53:25 AM

exactly.

i met clint howard once. he was auditioning for a movie i was helping a friend get off the ground way back in the '90s (it was never made). clint and i talked for awhile. i recall something about how the government was 'onto him,' and he had to be careful what he said because of the radio receiver in one of his teeth. he is a very, very, very strange man.

kellerb

Quote from: Hicks on January 14, 2011, 10:58:28 AM
DaVinci Code was the most boring movie I've seen in recent memory.

/just sayin'
<cough>source material</cough>

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on January 14, 2011, 01:08:54 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2011, 09:53:25 AM

exactly.

i met clint howard once. he was auditioning for a movie i was helping a friend get off the ground way back in the '90s (it was never made). clint and i talked for awhile. i recall something about how the government was 'onto him,' and he had to be careful what he said because of the radio receiver in one of his teeth. he is a very, very, very strange man.

When I think of Clint Howard I think of 'Ticks' where he is a Pot Farmer and the chemicals he uses to grow super pot also grow super ticks that kill people. And next I think of Ice Cream Man where he's a killer Ice Cream Man. And lastly I think of his role in Waterboy, "I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain." Pretty much he's a weird dude, even on screen.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 14, 2011, 09:40:47 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on January 14, 2011, 02:20:41 AM

That's what I think make's it sound all that much better. There are definitely bigger plot points in the books that will make great movies and then there is a lot of littler plot points that will make a good serialized tv show. I hold out hope that Ron Howard will do a good job on this. Sure he can be hit or miss, but with material this awesome I think he'll do a great job.

Also, I'm wondering who he's going to cast his strange younger brother Clint as. There are lots of characters in the Dark Tower series that Clint would be perfect for, and you know Ron puts him in all of his movies.

In case you don't know who Clint Howard is off the top of your head here he is:

Is that a boog in that man's nose?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mistercharlie

Nope, that's 100% nose hair. I'm telling you, he's a really strange dude.