News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Mike Potashnick

Started by thechad, January 14, 2011, 02:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

I can't imagine that anyone here other than myself knew him, but he unfortunately passed this week due to complications from pneumonia.  If you have gone to any festival show anywhere in east, Mike would have been a part of the production crew.  I met him when I was hired to sell tickets for the Gathering of the Vibes here in Plattsburgh.  After becoming quick friends, which Mike did with everyone, and learning that I had been working at the bottom of the industry as a PA for Phish and producing my own shows for a couple of years, he took me under his wing.  For the next seven years I was a part of his crew.  Almost every I learned in that time and all the cool experiences that I had are thanks to him.  I met, worked with, and became friends with many, of the top bands touring in the jam band scene in those years.  So for those of us who knew him and loved him are not the only ones who are going to feel the lose, but all of the productions he was a part of have a huge hole to fill.

In Loving Memory of Michael J. Potashnick
In Loving Memory of Michael J. Potashnick from Vibe Tribe on Vimeo.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

rowjimmy

R.I.P. to Mike and my condolences to you and to all those who loved him.

Buffalo Budd

R.I.P.
Sorry for yours and others loss.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

guyforget

Thanks for what you did for the music, Mike.  R.I.P.
-AD_

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2011, 03:20:16 PM

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 14, 2011, 03:20:16 PM
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?