News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Must shout-out Master Of None.
Finished season 2 last night. The show presents itself as sort of single millennial eating his way through new York but it's WAY better than any capsule pitch will suggest.

mattstick

Smash that cup Magnificent Kenny!

The show sorta pre-dated all the "#metoo" stuff and dealt with it in a serious, but hilarious way.

ytowndan

Quote from: mattstick on January 08, 2018, 12:28:41 PM

The show sorta pre-dated all the "#metoo" stuff and dealt with it in a serious, but hilarious way.

I thought about that recently, how the sexual harassment storyline was a bit prescient in light of recent events.  Bobby Cannavale was great in that role, too. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on January 08, 2018, 12:41:59 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 08, 2018, 12:28:41 PM

I thought about that recently, how the sexual harassment storyline was a bit prescient in light of recent events.  Bobby Cannavale was great in that role, too.

YES!
As we watched last night I was surprised but not surprised that thread came about. Then I had to look at when it was released ands was surprised by the prescience.

Thanksgiving episode is a killer and several of the others have an artful edge to them a la some of Louis CK's best work without the ickiness that you got even before the allegations were widely known.

VA $l!m

Excited for this coming in FEB. Looks like a Blade Runner aesthetic.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Just watched all six episodes of Dirty Money. Some were better than others. The maple syrup heist is classic. All are highly suggested viewing.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 31, 2018, 09:54:30 AM
Just watched all six episodes of Dirty Money. Some were better than others. The maple syrup heist is classic. All are highly suggested viewing.

Hitting this one today
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

I'm about halfway through "American Vandal."

It's a satirical take on these latter-day true-crime dramas like "Serial" or "Making a Murderer." In "Vandal," a high school senior is accused of spray-painting giant red dicks on every car in the faculty parking lot, and two determined investigators from the school A/V club set out to explore mysteries and inconsistencies in the case. It's played totally straight and is quite funny. Plenty of dick jokes, stoner humor, social-media gags, awkward teenagery, and other things that my wife bailed on after the first episode.
Is this still Wombat?

mopper_smurf

Quote from: VDB on February 12, 2018, 04:04:37 PM

It's a satirical take on these latter-day true-crime dramas like "Serial" or "Making a Murderer." In "Vandal," a high school senior is accused of spray-painting giant red dicks on every car in the faculty parking lot, and two determined investigators from the school A/V club set out to explore mysteries and inconsistencies in the case. It's played totally straight and is quite funny. Plenty of dick jokes, stoner humor, social-media gags, awkward teenagery, and other things that my wife bailed on after the first episode.

Added to the mancave list.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

Dude! Joel McHale's new show is basically just a reboot of the Soup. I am sofa king happy!

VDB

Quote from: VDB on February 12, 2018, 04:04:37 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention that all the episode titles are dick puns. Hard to beat that.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

PIE-GUY

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy