News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 8

Started by UncleEbinezer, July 12, 2011, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 02, 2011, 10:11:15 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on August 02, 2011, 10:01:34 AM
I thought this episode was kinda meh.

Well, it was a tough act to follow after what might have been the best episode of the series last week.

At least the hostess was pretty smokin' though.

I'm not calling you Dog anymore!!

Agreed.  Last week was easily a "top 5 of all time" episode.  I knew it would be hard for this one to live up to it. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

just watched ep 3 and 4..

3 is def a classic

the penis needs a homeland
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

I love the way they set up his move to NYC.  Classic LD.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

sls.stormyrider

great ep
loved the last scene with RL waiting at the restaurant
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

so I FINALLY pulled the trigger and watched Curb for the first time - was the most recent one with the dog..I laughed my ass off..what pisses me off is that I've HBO the entire time the show has been on and I've never watched it...show rulz
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mehead on August 11, 2011, 10:44:42 PM
so I FINALLY pulled the trigger and watched Curb for the first time - was the most recent one with the dog..I laughed my ass off..what pisses me off is that I've HBO the entire time the show has been on and I've never watched it...show rulz

If you have HBO on Demand, you can go and catch up on some old ones.  HBO has some pretty solid programming.  Be on the lookout for Boardwalk Empire next month.  Show rules!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: slslbs on August 11, 2011, 09:54:43 PM
great ep
loved the last scene with RL waiting at the restaurant

yeah, he got the invite, but no confirmation  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 12, 2011, 08:50:11 AM
Quote from: mehead on August 11, 2011, 10:44:42 PM

If you have HBO on Demand, you can go and catch up on some old ones.  HBO has some pretty solid programming.  Be on the lookout for Boardwalk Empire next month.  Show rules!

Truth. Also, Treme.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

If Treme lasts as long as the Wire or Sopranos it will go down as the greatest show of all time.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

I've been a little behind this season, but I've now watched up through the "Social Assassin" episode. Loved the hell out of it.

Anyone else's s/o really despise this show? My wife hates it, I think because she responds to LD's character as if he were a real person and she hates him.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

the wife loves it
especially Susie Essman's character

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 12, 2011, 09:48:22 AM
If Treme lasts as long as the Wire or Sopranos it will go down as the greatest show of all time.

I've actually never watched either of those more than an episode or two. But think next time I'm in the mood to jump into a series, it's going to have to be The Wire.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 13, 2011, 09:22:44 AM

I've actually never watched either of those more than an episode or two. But think next time I'm in the mood to jump into a series, it's going to have to be The Wire.

I'm actually waiting until Treme ends (hopefully years from now) to go back and watch the Wire. I've seen all of the Sopranos. It's amazing. Plus it's all filmed within 20 miles of my hometown.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 13, 2011, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on August 13, 2011, 09:22:44 AM

I'm actually waiting until Treme ends (hopefully years from now) to go back and watch the Wire. I've seen all of the Sopranos. It's amazing. Plus it's all filmed within 20 miles of my hometown.

I went back and re-watched The Wire somewhat recently.  I thought it was even better the second time around.   

Superfreakie

so I'm finally watching Curb....after hating it the first few times I saw it many years ago. But now I work nights on some days, so I catch older versions. I'm sold!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

I started watching season 2 last night.  Great acting but I feel I'll need to watch the 1st season as I have a hard time figuring out what is going on.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.