News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/08 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, July 09, 2012, 12:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

07-08-2012
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

I:  AC/DC Bag > My Soul, Camel Walk, Sample in a Jar, Wilson > Party Time, Gumbo, Nellie Kane, Driver, Foam, If I Could, Split Open and Melt, La Grange*

II:  Axilla > Light -> Twist > Kill Devil Falls > My Friend My Friend > Swept Away > Steep > Piper^ > Free > Kung > Harry Hood@ > Cavern > David Bowie

E:  You Enjoy Myself

* LTP 09-22-1999 (301 shows)
^ with vocal jam
@ Kung teases in intro
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

HammondOrganism

Not to toot my own horn, but I totally called that YEM encore pre show! I'm kickass
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

whatapiper

I will definitely be giving this second set a proper listen.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

HammondOrganism

i missed the first 3 songs of the second set, was the Light or Twist any good? i like the piper, it was cool how they peaked and then broke it backk down. the YEM jam started out as solid as any YEM of 3.0. The way Page waited to start soloing during the Tramp part and it allowed the band to kinda break it down and sat the tone for the start of the jam. Trey killed it. I was dancing in the seat of my car.

sls.stormyrider

Many people here know more about the Phish then
me, but I could swear we witnessed some jamming tonight. More tomorrow when I get home
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: slslbs on July 09, 2012, 12:58:01 AM
Many people here know more about the Phish then
me, but I could swear we witnessed some jamming tonight. More tomorrow when I get home

nice.  looking forward to hearing more about it.

HammondOrganism

Anybody know the count on how many songs phish played this leg? It has to be 200 or so, on July 4th I think it was like 194 or so?

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gumbo72203

official song count i believe stands at 207 now. 

Piper is over 15 minutes.  Bested in length only by YEM.  Thats the real Phish.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 09, 2012, 02:33:08 AM
official song count i believe stands at 207 now. 

Piper is over 15 minutes.  Bested in length only by YEM.  Thats the real Phish.

Ya...the stand ins have been showing up for the entire tour previously.... :shakehead:

Best tour of 3.0? It certainly looks that way so far......it just kept getting better and better.....Trey is finally starting to show some signs of his former self, and its really nice to hear/see....he's still nowhere near the consistant levels of Mike and Page but it is progress in the right direction.....

Let's just hope they continue to play durring the break and build on the momentum they gathered on the first leg....if the trend continues, dare I say that they are finally getting near where they should be playing wise....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

williaa

Set 2 was monstrous.  I didn't know 3.0 was capable of consistently jamming throughout a set like that.  The Light/Twist/KDF segment was nuts, capped off with a brilliant and unexpected post-KDF jam.  Don't sleep on this set at all.

kellerb

Quote from: Marmar on July 09, 2012, 09:12:00 AM
Let's just hope they continue to play durring the break and build on the momentum they gathered on the first leg....if the trend continues, dare I say that they are finally getting near where they should be playing wise....

Dare...DARE...

whatapiper

Quote from: kellerb on July 09, 2012, 09:35:52 AM
Quote from: Marmar on July 09, 2012, 09:12:00 AM

Dare...DARE...

We could easily put together a great shows worth of highlights from this run. Definitely the best first leg of summer imo and probably the best of 3.0 too.  I watched the Fee video late last night and was blown away by how well they have progressed since last year.  There finally seems to be an upward progression in not just the confidence to take a jam out there but the cohesiveness of the band as well.   Thankfully we have Mike and Page to pave the way but overall there is a lot of new music to be discussed.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong