News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, January 01, 2014, 01:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on January 09, 2014, 09:58:55 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2014, 09:40:07 AM
Quote from: mbw on January 09, 2014, 09:13:09 AM
I'm glad that in 2014 we can finally talk openly about Col. Forbins "roommate" Glorious James.

Glorious James didn't make the cut for TMWSIY as Forbin and his dog 'went out for a walk' and never returned.

Forbin was then cast as a hero in Gamehendge but Trey never really explored the heartache that the Colonel left behind.

I've heard rumors that the Glorious James Story will be the basis of Trey's next musical.

Interestingly, it was originally going to be titled "Hands On A Hardbody" until he heard about that documentary.

Rip Van Winklin'

Only 1 typo in a blackout drunk post  :beers:

I'm actually pretty proud of myself.

Long Live Glorious James!

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Sophist posted a link to Panic NYE on his FB page.  It's cringeworthy.  No matter how shitty people perceive Phish to be, at least it will never come close to that  :tte:.

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 09, 2014, 11:30:24 PM
Sophist posted a link to Panic NYE on his FB page.  It's cringeworthy.  No matter how shitty people perceive Phish to be, at least it will never come close to that  :tte:.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Oh man, I watched that too.  Celebrate?

cactusfan

well. that was an exciting 12 pages.

but i'm still confused.

should i listen to this show or eat a sandwich?

Buffalo Budd

Just can't seem to click on the link...
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

sophist

I'll be the first admit it's a sloppy rendition.  No argument about that from me (I imagine the band sans Herring was all pretty sloshed by the start of the third set).  But I enjoyed it, and I thought it got the energy in Phillips hopping. 

And my point(s) have never been that I think Panic is better.  It's different, very different.  My point(s) have been about honestly admitting when they (Phish or any band for that matter) do fuck up, it's okay to talk about it.  It's not a bad thing.  Nor does slop deter from enjoyment.  See the video you mentioned as an example. 

What did and still does annoy me is the militant attitude of telling people to quit because they point these things out.  It's not personal, the music that is, and shouldn't ever be personalized that way to the point of escalating to this level. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VDB

Quote from: sophist on January 10, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
My point(s) have been about honestly admitting when they (Phish or any band for that matter) do fuck up, it's okay to talk about it.  It's not a bad thing.  Nor does slop deter from enjoyment.

I've always thought your point is that Phish's slop and fuck-ups are a bad thing and do prevent you from enjoying them.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: sophist on January 10, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
What did and still does annoy me is the militant attitude of telling people to quit because they point these things out.  It's not personal, the music that is, and shouldn't ever be personalized that way to the point of escalating to this level.

You continue to misunderstand me.

I may have suggested you take a break but it is because I don't see how you enjoy something that you so clearly seem to hate (based on your writings).

Not trying to go too far down that rabbit hole again, feel free to reply in pm if you want to discuss.