News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08-03-2014 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by GBL, August 03, 2014, 11:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Set I: My Soul, Bathtub Gin, 555, Pebbles and Marbles, The Line, Vultures, FEFY, GBOTT, Taste, Gumbo, Halfway to the Moon, Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan > Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Chalkdust Torture > Scents & Subtle Sounds > Twist > Fuego > The Wedge, Light > Harry Hood, First Tube

E: Fluffhead
If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

I enjoyed this first set more than most from the stream. Love the unique sound selection. Mini gumbo jam was cool.

I got kinda lost in the S&SS>Twist>Fuego>Wedge section but it seemed kinda songy. Love Scents... Wish they'd jam it.

Hood kicked ass as did the Fluff encore, albeit some sloppy Trey. Fun show. Can't wIt till fall.
Bring in the dude!

mbw

phil

I dug that webcast perhaps more than any other I've watched. that Light > Hood was awesome and Fluff encore was the TITS
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

phil

Quote from: mbw on August 03, 2014, 11:57:39 PM
minus stealing time, agreed on the nice song selection.

3rd'd

I thought The Line felt a little out of place too
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

Quote from: phil on August 03, 2014, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: mbw on August 03, 2014, 11:57:39 PM
minus stealing time, agreed on the nice song selection.

3rd'd

I thought The Line felt a little out of place too

Oh shit, missed that on the set list.  Yeah, fuck that song too.

WhatstheUse?

Yeah, The Line is pretty meh but I can brush it off in the first set. It hurts in the second set though..
Bring in the dude!

GBL

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

GBL

rowjimmy

To my mind, this is exactly the definition of an Average-Great show. He'res the short version of my to-be-posted review:

Solid first set with a good Gin, love P&M, The Line in the #5 slot gets no complaint from me, Taste was rickety & Gumbo was great. STFTFP is a ripping guitar song. I dig it.

Set two comes out guns blazing with a nice, jammy, CDT with a great move -> Scents which is also great. Twist is standard great with your Santana jamming before a nice drop into Fuego. This Fuego is a solid example of strong unjammed Fuego. Wedge is good, of course. Then Light gets dark before slipping into Hood which has those sweet Duels/Duets.

Fluff encore? OK.

Free Webcast?
shit yeah

Wish I was seeing more Phish this year? You bet your ass I do.

phil

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 04, 2014, 07:42:52 AM

Wish I was seeing some Phish this year? You bet your ass I do.

FYPFM

Loved the stream, didn't catch much of the second since I had to get up pretty early this morning.
Thought they sounded good and I would have been pretty stoked about a Fluff encore.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I learned that it's much easier to be critical when you're watching a webcast than when you are at the show. This setlist is perfection to me. Just fantastic song selection. It's just about everything I would want from a Phish show. Had I been there (and had my ritual pre-show tequila been coursing through my veins) I would have enjoyed the fuck out of this one.

At home, I felt like there were some opportunities for bigger jams missed. That said, it was clear they'd rehearsed the big bustouts of the night. Scents, Pebbles, Fluff, Vultures, FEFY - these were all played really well considering how rare they are. That made the mistakes in Fuego that much more maddening to me, though.

I enjoyed the fuck out of the show, though. Really great tour closer.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul