News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/25 - Sleep Train Amphitheater - Chula Vista, CA - Post Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, October 26, 2014, 02:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

PHiSH
10-25-2014
Sleep Train Amphitheater
Chula Vista , CA

Set I:  Devotion To a Dream, AC/DC Bag > My Sweet One, The Moma Dance, Halley's Comet, Funky Bitch, Wolfman's Brother, Destiny Unbound > Timber (Jerry), Tela, Wingsuit

Set II: Free > Golden Age > Gotta Jibboo > Carini > Piper ~> Prince Caspian > Tweezer > Rock and Roll, You Enjoy Myself

E: Suzy Greenberg > Tweezer Reprise
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

That looks like the perfect first set, only it's bookended by two of my least favorite new songs.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

pcr3

I thought the Golden Age sounded great through the stream last night.  Didn't catch most of the first set, but I like how it looks on paper. I also really enjoyed the second set, though my neighbor and I were pretty drunk, so take it with a grain of salt. To my ears, it sounded like they slipped into IT pretty easily...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Yeah, finally a decent show.  I was getting worried there for a second.  Some great stuff.  I love the segue into Piper.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 26, 2014, 12:01:59 PM
I was getting worried there for a second.

Worried? I've been freaked out. I'd say this latest string of shows is worse than anything they've done since their return. First night SB sounds like Coventry or Vegas '04. And that is not hyperbole. If you believe it is, then I suggest sitting down and listening to the show while paying attention. There is an hour segment there that might just be some of the worse Trey I have ever heard. Heavy Things to the end of Ghost is stunningly bad. Review to be posted soon.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 26, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

Worried? I've been freaked out. I'd say this latest string of shows is worse than anything they've done since their return. First night SB sounds like Coventry or Vegas '04. And that is not hyperbole. If you believe it is, then I suggest sitting down and listening to the show while paying attention. There is an hour segment there that might just be some of the worse Trey I have ever heard. Heavy Things to the end of Ghost is stunningly bad. Review to be posted soon.   
Things weren't great but they've played far shittier shows since they came back.

Back on topics:
This second set has been entertaining.
I'm in Piper now and agree that the seque into it was cool. It's gotten a bit crazy here.
Probably finish this set later on.

Caravan2001

This has not been a good tour but hopefully they are warming up.  Eugene was good, but it has been a slow slide since then.  SB2 is a good deal better than SB1, but not all that.  Last night, Chula is good so far.  The Destiny hawt.

roggae

i thought the destiny was great which is why i cant completely give up on this band.  i've grown into a different listener than i once was, but things like that little jam in Destiny keep me interested to a degree.  i'll agree that things seem to be a bit clunky this tour.  the only personal beef i have with the band right now is i feel like they only play three kinds of shows now: the hits, the jams, and the gags.  can we just have the fucking HEATERS back?
Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2014, 12:35:13 PM

Things weren't great but they've played far shittier shows since they came back.

Back on topics:
This second set has been entertaining.
I'm in Piper now and agree that the seque into it was cool. It's gotten a bit crazy here.
Probably finish this set later on.

agree
Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2014, 12:35:13 PM

I disagree. In 2009, the entire band was out of sync, particularly Trey and Fishman. But find me another show where trey basically doesn't really grab a solo for 40 minutes. And when he does, it is mangled and abandoned after about a minute, to then return to bizarre out of sync rhythm playing. And I've been swayed to a 3.0 apologist with 2012 and fall 2013.....but this tour has seen a shocking decline. That said, I'll give these last couple shows an optimistic run through. I hope there has been marked improvement.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

I haven't heard much from this tour, but given the reviews, I'm hoping it means they're spending all their rehearsal time on something big for 10/31.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul