News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, November 01, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

2014-10-31
MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Set 1: Buried Alive > Ghost, Scent Of A Mule, Sample In A Jar, Reba, 46 Days, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars, Lawn Boy*, I Saw It Again, Tube, Wolfman's Brother

Set 2: Chilling,Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House
(Side One)
The Haunted House, The Very Long Fuse, The Dogs, Timber, Your Pet Cat, Shipwreck, The Unsafe Bridge, Chinese Water Torture, The Birds, The Martian Monsters

Set 3: Punch You In The Eye, Golden Age > Tweezer > Heavy Things, Guyute, Sand > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Is This What You Wanted^, Frankenstein

*with "Drum solo"
^ by Leonard Cohen. First Time Played (Sung by Mike)

Set two consisted of samples and segments drawn from the album, accompanied by original Phish music, mostly instrumental.  Dancers and a haunted graveyard set were involved. Also white tuxedos and face paint.
Find the video.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Looks like I'll be seeking out a vid of that second set tomorrow on my day off.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Was it just me or was that Leonard Cohen song.... A bit....strange?
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Marmar

Kinda fun......btw.....love the fact they gave it out free on youtube.....while set 2 was.......ummm......strange......it was pretty neat.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Gumbo72203

yeah I woke up around 2:40 EST and saw Jambase on my facebook feed, and on their page they had the Youtube link so I got to catch the 2nd set from Golden Age on.

The jamming in the set was pretty tame, Golden Age tried but couldn't come up with much.  Tweezer was real nice, but nothing concrete.... although that segue into Heavy Things is fucking sick, I thought.  Guyute/Sand I was half asleep again, and I swore that Sand was only like 4 minutes long lol.  Guyute seemed to struggle a bit.

But I'm checking out these song clips for the second set....  holy fucking shit they rule.  The Dogs is by far my favorite.  I hope they keep that one around.

It would be perfect out of Scents and Subtle Sounds, or even a Tweezer or Piper.

Actually it would pair VERY well out of Piper.  I can't stop listening to it. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

thought the 2nd set was really awesome from couch tour...

totally different than any other phish halloween i can think of. tons of production and obvious choreographing.

but mainly I thought it was just damn cool to hear them jam on some fresh shit. stuff we've never heard before and will never hear again...

good job, phish.

:clap:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

^^ arbitrarily jumped to the 17 minute mark and really dug it will definitely watch later, looks fun

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

anthrax

i am completely blown away.  they reinvented rock halloween shows with the album set in the 90s but eventually became bogged down by that idea.  they are totally into phish songs right now, so they construct this insanity around some tasty phish jams.  it's the perfect evolution for a band who used to have a ton of "story" songs and whose shows sometimes contained little 1 act plays with a leader who has worked on broadway.  loved the song selection in the 1st & 3rd sets too...very halloweeny which was a complaint of mine at some previous halloween shows. 

:phish: :rockout: :banana:

gah

i love this band.

oh shit, this song 24 minutes in with the cats has me laughing and dancing and smiling and being goofy...these guys.

:clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Multibeast12

Seriously. Saw this set at the bar and was like, okay i have no idea what is going on. Listening now. and this band is just always doing something fun and cool with there shows. I love how they changed last year with the Fuego set, and now this. I'm glad they, changed the tradition of a album.  :banana: :banana: :banana:

cactusfan

Scariest Halloween show ever. That second set was a thing of beauty.

I love this band.