News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/1/1 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by VDB, January 02, 2015, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Set 1:
Tube, Gumbo, David Bowie, Lawn Boy, Undermind, Yarmouth Road, Wingsuit, Poor Heart, Bathtub Gin

Set 2:
Twist > Piper > Prince Caspian -> Twenty Years Later > Winterqueen, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Run Like an Antelope, Rock and Roll

Encore: Meatstick

Had a real good time last night. There weren't really any highlight jams (although the Gin was pretty excellent) but the playing was good and everyone was in high spirits. Also, not being in the nosebleeds like I was for the first two sets of NYE helped.
Is this still Wombat?

Marmar

Set 2 is a DUD.....fell flat on their faces....

This show ended early.....and set 2 explains why.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

VDB

Yeah the show flew by. First set was basically an hour and we were at the exits by 11:15.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 03, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Yeah the show flew by. First set both sets was basically an hour and we were at the exits by 11:15.

fyp
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

Wanna know how to kill a set?

Prince Caspian -> Twenty Years Later > Winterqueen, Wading in the Velvet Sea is how its done.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax

Quote from: Marmar on January 06, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
Wanna know how to kill a set?

Prince Caspian -> Twenty Years Later > Winterqueen, Wading in the Velvet Sea is how its done.

fyp

nab

Winterqueen and Prince Caspian hit me the same way.  The intro can be great out of a jam, but the song loses it's luster as soon as it comes together.  I always wish the intro was it's own jam.

Undermind

well at least they got the worst show of 2015 out of the way early.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

VDB

I haven't relistened to this show yet but musically (and song-wise) I enjoyed the first set more, and for some reason the brutal stretch in the middle of the second didn't bother me as much as it might have. Maybe I was just in a good mood.
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

Yeah I can handle a bad first set as long as the second set has some meat, but when your walking out the venue after the second set like wtf was that it leaves a worse taste.

mehead

when I first checked in during the show to see the setlist all I saw was Tube, Gumbo and Bowie and I was like wow, this show will be a keeper

yeah, um, I guess not
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

This show is fine.
If you are listening to Phish at work or whatever.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2015, 10:34:14 AM
This show is fine.

I was sober for this show and felt all the type I solos had mustard to them. Nice, tight, and in the pocket. So the playing was not bad per say. The set list and lack of type II is my gripe.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 09, 2015, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2015, 10:34:14 AM
This show is fine.

I was sober for this show and felt all the type I solos had mustard to them. Nice, tight, and in the pocket. So the playing was not bad per say. The set list and lack of type II is my gripe.

Exactly this.

Honestly, I'm ok with one show in a 4 night run being a little more sedate, but not at the cost of the heart of a second set.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.