News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/24 - Shoreline Amphitheater - Mountain View, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, July 25, 2015, 02:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

This Reba is nice.
As I are many parts of this show.

Will listen again.

Hicks

I'd like to nominate this Twist for top 20, maybe even top 10, status of 3.0. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

agreed, this twist jam is bliss.

around 8:30 mark page starts up with some nice grand piano work and it transcends into a beautiful piano lead jam. fuck yes

emay

Light jam has hints of Tahoe Tweez or is that the randalls CDT riff at ~ 9 min mark

The transitions are pretty smooth this second set as well.
I dont even mind this placement of joy

Itsnotanexperience

I was disappointed by the placement of Joy but by the chorus I was lapping up the sweet melodies.

Finally checking the set out for the first time since I left the show and it's holding up well.   Some amazing jams and overall set flow.   

I would put this whole set as a contender for top 20 in 3.0 if not top 10.

rowjimmy

emay

Would say this Hood would be in the top 10-20 hoods for 3.0 as well. Dark jam to great uplifting peak to the "you can feel good" section.

Great set.
This is a set I would read on paper and say "meh" but after actually digging through it and the jams its pretty amazing. Yay phish!

mehead

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 27, 2015, 12:15:33 PM
This is a set I would read on paper and say "meh" but after actually digging through it and the jams its pretty amazing. Yay phish!

This is where I am because I have yet to hear a lick of it.  On my agenda for today.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

First set was pretty forgettable to me.  The playing isn't bad, it's just all very straight forward, and nothing really stood out to me. 

Second set is good.  I thought the jam out of Twist was the best of the evening.  Jam out of Light hits that Tahoe Tweezer territory.  Which is neat. 

I'm not sure if I like this one more than the Bend shows. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Augustus

Liked the opening trip to the second set.
As for this Reba and Hood being Top versions...am I listening to the right show?
I thought both were unrehearsed and the jams weren't any different than other forgettable versions.
Also, Fish playing 46 Days, lol.
But those first three second set songs...yay!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Augustus on July 28, 2015, 06:40:11 PM

But those first three second set songs...yay!
Aug posting something positive about 3.0

Now I know I should listen
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on July 27, 2015, 12:02:51 AM
I'd like to nominate this Twist for top 20, maybe even top 10, status of 3.0.

I'll take it under advisement.
Is this still Wombat?

susep

spun the second set again tonight.  Twist reminded of a modern day 14Nov.1997 version in some respects.  I didn't like Light as much this time around, kind of meh.  Blaze On was on the money.  I like how the Hood jam starts out however Trey gets lost at the end where the peak should be.  First two songs of set II are solid.       

anthrax

really enjoyed this light.  i do hear the tahoe tweezer riff in this one.  but it totally should have went into i know you rider instead of joy. 

cleech74

Gave set two a listen, earlier. Good stuff. Trey's comment about having a really great time, seems straight from the heart. The energy in that venue must have been off the charts for both band & audience. Those in attendance got a real treat. :music: :phish:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon