News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/11 - The Mann - Philadelphia, PA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 11, 2015, 11:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

8/11/15
The Mann
Philadelphia, PA

Set I:  Crowd Control, Martian Monster, Axilla, Skin It Back > Martian Monster*, Vultures**, Dog Faced Boy, David Bowie, Farmhouse, Scent of a Mule***, Ghost#, Grind

Set II:  Fuego > Rock and Roll## > 46 Days > Taste, 2001 > Sand, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Cavern, Backwards Down the Number Line

Encore:  Julius

*Skin It Back teases
**Woo-ing
***Blast Off quotes
#Halloween sound effects at the beginning and a short Martian Monster jam in the middle of Ghost
##"Philadelphia station" lyrics by Page

anthrax

during the show, zzyzx was calling what happened after Axilla a Skin It Back>Martian Monster>Skin It Back>Martian Monster.  there was certainly some craziness going on, but that may be a stretch.  looking forward to a relisten tomorrow.

runawayjimbo

Good show. Really enjoyed the Fuego > R&R and the first set shenanigans. But I'm pretty comfortable in my decision that tom night is gonna be the shizz.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Caravan2001

Just listened to the whole first set again from LP.  So good.  Starting second set now.  GREAT show!!!  :rawk:

Itsnotanexperience

Trey did a pretty good job on Taste till the last run - the damn easiest part of the song is those descending octaves to wrap up the song and he missed the mark.

As good as this tour has been - and I would argue the majority of these shows have been stellar - continued flubs on easy stuff in their own songs is frustrating.

Small price to pay for all the good shit I suppose:)

Itsnotanexperience

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on August 11, 2015, 11:24:55 PM
during the show, zzyzx was calling what happened after Axilla a Skin It Back>Martian Monster>Skin It Back>Martian Monster.  there was certainly some craziness going on, but that may be a stretch.  looking forward to a relisten tomorrow.

That's actually spot on. It was either that or "Skin It Back -> Martian Monster*"  *=w/Skin It Back jam.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

I missed most of the 1st set last night on the stream but it looks fun as shit
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 12, 2015, 09:49:40 AM
Quote from: anthrax on August 11, 2015, 11:24:55 PM

That's actually spot on. It was either that or "Skin It Back -> Martian Monster*"  *=w/Skin It Back jam.

Have to agree.

susep

emay

Just getting to skin it back and its fuego

wow that skin it back > martian monster > skin it back > martian monster, pretty much,  is great

emay