News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-15 - North Charleston Coliseum - Charleston, SC

Started by pcr3, October 15, 2016, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

2016-10-15 - North Charleston Coliseum

I: Blaze On, What's The Use, Martian Monster, Devotion To A Dream, Waking Up Dead, Timber, Things People Do, Let Me Lie, Lengthwise > Maze, Ass Handed, Carini, Wolfman's Brother

II: Mercury > Twist > I Always Wanted It This Way, Miss You, Fuego > Sand, Joy, Possum

E: Good Times Bad Times
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Caravan2001

ph92

Was on that energy rollercoaster again. It seems they forgot how to get set flow on point. Last night set two had the solid flow for sure.

The sand was killer though. Definitely the highlight tonight. Ask GAH, i couldn't stop raging,  loved every minute of it! I Always Wanted it This Way feels like their own version of 2001. I thought it was for like a solid 30 seconds. I think it's got some real solid dance party potential, I'm excited to see how it evolves. Unfortunately the twist was a tad lackluster. I was hoping for a good one.

Weird placement of wtu and timber, but definitely interesting. But the timber didn't really do it for me, but that song hasn't been the same since 1.0, imho. Definitely dug the lengthwise > end set. Page's section in maze was awesome! He really took it there for me. Was a solid end of the set and made up for the shameless plug for the new album.I get it, they're gonna play the new stuff, just 9 songs or so in two shows feels like force feeding. 
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gumbo72203

just listened to the clip of "I've Always Wanted It This Way".  Fucking sick.  I don't know that I've been this excited for a new Phish song in a long time.  it's brilliant.  So different, with those synths. 

I'm loving What's The Use? in the 2-spot of the 1st set also.  Summer '99!  Glad that Mercury seems to be sticking around too. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

emay

yeah love seeing mercury pop it's head out.

Interested to hear I always wanted it that way. Def dance potential

I feel like ass handed should be more of a rarity like " ha ha ha" or use it to have a sort of gag or tease like at chula or gorge, its def gettin some play time.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 16, 2016, 01:40:27 AM
just listened to the clip of "I've Always Wanted It This Way". 

It's got potential. I'm glad they didn't really try to make it sound exactly like the album version. I thought it was gonna end up sounding like a poor man's LCD Soundsystem attempt or something, but they kinda did their own thing with it.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 16, 2016, 01:40:27 AM
I'm loving What's The Use? in the 2-spot of the 1st set also.  Summer '99!

Yep. I'm about that placement!
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Had a blast last night. Second set felt very high energy, Joy notwithstanding. I love a mid/late Fuego.

Good times meeting up with ph92, lope and GAH pre show.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

The vox on Ive Always Wanted this ay are horrible.  So flat, but the jam is sick.  It's going to be awesome.

Sand is also good.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 17, 2016, 07:42:43 PM
The vox on Ive Always Wanted this ay are horrible.  So flat, but the jam is sick.  It's going to be awesome.

Page always chooses..... 'interesting' vocal melodies for his songs. Many times, his melody lines include sustained notes which arent the easiest to do live.

I hear similarities in this, Home, and Halfway to the Moon. Probably cuz... ya know... Page wrote them.
Bring in the dude!

mehead

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 17, 2016, 07:42:43 PM

Couldn't agree more.  Finally got around to listening to this last night.  Loved it. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Disliked Let Me Lie a lot more just now on the recording than I did Saturday night. Must've been in a good mood.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: VDB on October 18, 2016, 11:08:21 AM
Disliked Let Me Lie a lot more just now on the recording than I did Saturday night. Must've been in a good mood.

Drugs are a helluva drug.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.