News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-16 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville , FL

Started by ph92, October 17, 2016, 12:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

SET 1: Kill Devil Falls, The Moma Dance > Back on the Train, Undermind, Nellie Kane, Stash, Petrichor, Mike's Song > Bouncing Around the Room > Weekapaug Groove

SET 2: Crosseyed and Painless > Steam > Piper > Wingsuit, Sparkle > The Wedge, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Run Like an Antelope

ENCORE: The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Character Zero

HOLY FACK BOYS

I'll review this tomorrow. I gotta get up early to get to work.

Highlights were the CEP>Steam>Piper>Wingsuit, Stash, and Weekapaug.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Pretty solid first set (watched/listened last night & again this morning.) Have to single out Nellie Kane. Stash showed the flubbage but had its merits too. I like Petrichor. First set Mike's Groove was first set-y but cool.

First half of the 2nd... XEyed -> Wingsuit is like, woah.
XEyed isn't overlong but it gets weird before Steam kicks in. That Piper is awesome and Wingsuit is a good capper for the segment.

runawayjimbo

Pretty much everything RJ said.

My only gripe is the post-Wingsuit song selection. Wingsuit is all about placement for me and this is pretty much perfect coming out of a strong start to the set. Wedge was cool with some nice Trey and Page interplay, but I really could have used more of a pick-me-up to keep that set flowing. Tweezer or 2001 really would have blown the roof off there. But overall a nice start to the tour.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Lifeboy

18 minute Piper?  :-o

Looking forward to checking out this second set...
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

rowjimmy

I like the Antelope call in the closer slot. Can't really fault the few songs prior. They're good songs.

mattstick

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 17, 2016, 12:37:17 PM
I like the Antelope call in the closer slot. Can't really fault the few songs prior. They're good songs.

The old "hey we played a big jam so let's chill out for 15 minutes" second set combo, they use The Wedge a lot in that role.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on October 17, 2016, 12:41:02 PM

The old "hey we played a big jam so let's chill out for 15 minutes" second set combo, they use The Wedge a lot in that role.

They aren't in their thirties anymore.

Nedstruzz

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 17, 2016, 01:40:30 PM
Quote from: mattstick on October 17, 2016, 12:41:02 PM

They aren't in their thirties anymore.

In the words of the old man sitting behind me at Hampton 03 when I complained about another velvet sea.   "It can't always be a rave".

emay

Goddamn this piper is rowdy !!
Lots of peaks. Good band interplay from all members. Tasteful stairway teases.
Page and mike carry some parts when trey sits back, great stuff  :music: can't wait to hear more jams like that from this tour.

Caravan2001

Crosseyed>Steam>Piper, same set opener as Dicks3 this year...hmmmm.  That was only 3 shows ago.  Anyhow, sounded pretty good from what I heard.  The Skynyrd call was obvious, but I hadn't though of it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 17, 2016, 07:08:58 PM
Crosseyed>Steam>Piper, same set opener as Dicks3 this year...hmmmm.  That was only 3 shows ago. 

Hmmmmm. Didn't pick up on that.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 17, 2016, 09:13:51 PM
Crosseyed>Steam>Piper, same set opener as Dicks3 this year...hmmmm.  That was only 3 shows ago. 

It's the new Help>Slip>Franklins  :-P

ph92

The energy in the venue was unreal for this one! The crowd seemed more into it than Charleston. But I was so excited for this hometown show.

I gotta say petrichor is growing in me already. It's got that phishy intertwining and cyclical melody that I like about them.

I really loved the stash though. It's nothing compared to the good ol' days. But hey it was solid. I was happy to hear it. Always like a solid wedge.

People were going absolutely nuts for Curtis Lowe it was awesome to see.

Neither did I. But that stairway was still super great.

I love this band. I had a smile ear to ear the entire night again! Phish makes me so happy
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 17, 2016, 10:24:53 PM

I always thought that was Mikes > H2O > Paug
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 18, 2016, 07:20:55 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 17, 2016, 10:24:53 PM

I always thought that was Mikes > H2O > Paug

Ghost > Fikus > Meat.