News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Portable turntable rec?

Started by shoreline99, November 25, 2016, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Looking to pick up a portable turntable for my son for Xmas. Any recommendations? I know a few of you have them for porch records, etc.  Something with integrated speakers as well as audio out or Bluetooth.

Gotta start them on the crack early.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

barnesy305

Quote from: shoreline99 on November 25, 2016, 11:35:58 AM
Looking to pick up a portable turntable for my son for Xmas. Any recommendations? I know a few of you have them for porch records, etc.  Something with integrated speakers as well as audio out or Bluetooth.

Gotta start them on the crack early.

I have a Vestax, I love it.

shoreline99

Vestax? I'm sure! - thinking more along the lines of a suitcase turntable tho
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mbw

They dont make vestax anymore.  All you are really left with is bottom barrel consumer stuff like Jensen, Crosley and Numark.  I have no experience with any of them so i am talking out my ass, but I think a Numark would be the best of those.

Caravan2001

Got my kid a crosley cruiser a few years ago.  It's pretty meh-tastic.  Sounds like shit, and even with the volume all the way up you can barely hear it.  12" records rub on the lid.  really cheaply made.  Stylus broke and the thing is so shitty, it's impossible to replace.  Would not recommend the cruiser.  The has to be something better than that, but it's only $99 so what do you expect.  Plus I would never play a remotely good album on it.  Only 50 cent kids shit.

mopper_smurf

Portables suck, except for Vestax. Buy him a real one. He will thank you later.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy