News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phil+Bobby “Duo Tour”

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 10, 2017, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Wow! What a trip to see just those 4 guys on stage together. What's up with the awkwardly spaced stage setup? Who was playing drums?
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 04, 2018, 09:20:08 PM
Wow! What a trip to see just those 4 guys on stage together. What's up with the awkwardly spaced stage setup? Who was playing drums?
I Believe that was Wally Ingram on drums.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

Any of you peeps want to see these guys in Boston 3/7?  My buddy has 2 balcony seats that he bought for $100 each.  Lemme know.

Apparently I'll be somewhere that's not balcony.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

My buddy is telling me another rug is out on the stage in Boston.
Is Mayer joining them?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 07, 2018, 09:01:59 PM
My buddy is telling me another rug is out on the stage in Boston.
Is Mayer joining them?

It was Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams. Fun show tonight.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

Must have been great

Phil with Theresa and Larry are always a treat
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

anthrax

show was pretty damn good.  i'm glad they had 4 shows under their belt before i saw them, as they've come a long way.  i also enjoyed what jeff added to the band.  round 2 tonight!

anthrax

maybe i'm just exhausted, but i keep trying to process what i saw saturday and sunday at the chicago theater.  it's hard to explain, but the word special keeps coming to mind.  i would not call this tour musically great, but i would call it special. 

saturday rocked way harder than sunday, but sunday had way more special moments.  it was absolutely silent in there during days between.  that wouldn't have been my call to close a set, but it was special.  and phil was so appreciative of every single moment.  he knows this can't go on forever.  every time, it is special.  as the brokedown palace encore moved my wife to tears, we realized it too, phil.  we get it, so we have to try very hard to be appreciative of every special moment without being too sad.

i'm glad i was able to go.

mistercharlie

Sounds like you had a very special time, Jeff!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Nice dude, have enjoyed what I've seen on couch tour, of course the set with Trey most of all, which did indeed feel special. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

tet

man, I just love Phil's belting out of his first line in Dark Star from RCMH.  make me feel all :-D
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

kellerb

Just realized that this tour is to pay for Bobby's "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" treatment after seeing Monet's instagram.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on March 30, 2018, 11:30:01 AM
Just realized that this tour is to pay for Bobby's "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" treatment after seeing Monet's instagram.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard