News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Winter Tour 2018 (West Coast!)

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 21, 2017, 12:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Got our first little run of 2018 uploaded.

Quote2018-01-18 -The Liberty - Telluride, CO

Valley Girl >
Astral Turtle Dance*
For the Birds
Squiggly Line >
Sorceress
Portland >
Good Day Toothache
Enjoy the Ride^ >
Flutterby

Dirty George >
Dirty Job >
Space Monkeys
Before the Storm
The Heater+ ->
Old Man
Mr. Murderin' Man >
Have You Ever
Old Thompson

e. Whiskey#

* "Butterfly" tease
^ unfinished, chorus lyrics changed to "Tell-u-ride", "Good Day Toothache" tease
+ "Enjoy the Ride" teases
# by request, "So Long, Farewell" teases and quotes

Quote2018-01-19 -Intrinzik - Montrose, CO

Fear >
Wake and Jake
Colorado >
Dog Gone Blues
Way to Grow
Fading Time
Good 'Ol Boy >
Not a Crime ->
Tip of Your Tongue
I Foreign Eye

Renaissance Man ->
Dunes
Know it All >
Lightman
The Late Greats* ->
Blowin' Up the B Line*
When the Love Is+

e. Fearless

* "Rock & Roll pt. 2" quotes
+ "Sex Machine" tease

Quote2018-01-20 - The Lariat - Buena Vista, CO

Excelsior >
Solamente Otra Concioncita
Drip Drop
Head Spin
Regretless Acceptance ->
Spiral
Lunch In Be
Lay Down Sally
Mammoth Relaxes

Black Bart ->
Hey Pocky A-Way ->
One Too Many
My Freedom >
Puppy In My Pocket
Race Car Ya Ya's* ->
I Wanna Love You^

e. Bug

* by request
^ "Race Car Ya Ya's" quotes, "Big Poppa" tease
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

glad to see telluride has a new live music venue.  how was the liberty?  love that town so much!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on January 29, 2018, 08:18:58 PM
glad to see telluride has a new live music venue.  how was the liberty?  love that town so much!

It was not as good as Fly Me to the Moon, but a decent little spot. The show was absolutely ragin' though!

People in that town seem starved for a party/live music. So many people told us how happy they were to have something to do on a Thursday night.  Unfortunately it seems like the new owners of the Moon just aren't making use of the space.... that stage sits dark 28 days out of the month or so, which is a shame. 
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Colorado has been so damn good to us so far! Played to a packed house last night in Denver, and an even bigger crowd last weekend with Leftover Salmon in Fort Collins! We've also already got a show lined up back in FoCO at an even bigger venue.... and a return to the Fox Theatre in Boulder in April. Shit is seriously just poppin' off out here  :crazy:

What took us nearly 8 years to build in New England has basically already been surpassed out here. Bigger (and infinitely more enthusiastic) crowds, bigger venues, chicks in the front row and higher pay all around!  Plus, almost every venue we've played so far in 2018 has provided lodging, which is basically unheard of at our level on the east coast. I wish we could've moved here sooner!

Also, give THIS JAM a listen. Things got weird...
Bring in the dude!

emay

place was fucking packed last night, so good to see ya guys! Had to stand at the merch table to be able to see anything.
killer set! wish I could have stayed for the second set, you guys are crushing it and can really see the energy buzzin back and forth between the crowd and band when it gets deep.
so awesome to see so many people wearing jauntee shirts last night too.
and that crazy dude that just gave everyone free acid was a plus.

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 09, 2018, 02:11:30 PM
Colorado has been so damn good to us so far! Played to a packed house last night in Denver, and an even bigger crowd last weekend with Leftover Salmon in Fort Collins! We've also already got a show lined up back in FoCO at an even bigger venue.... and a return to the Fox Theatre in Boulder in April. Shit is seriously just poppin' off out here  :crazy:

What took us nearly 8 years to build in New England has basically already been surpassed out here. Bigger (and infinitely more enthusiastic) crowds, bigger venues, chicks in the front row and higher pay all around!  Plus, almost every venue we've played so far in 2018 has provided lodging, which is basically unheard of at our level on the east coast. I wish we could've moved here sooner!

Awesome to hear. I'll have to come out and see this for myself
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

Yeah dude, that sounds sick.  Except for the dude that would NOT stop trying to talk over the music. Shit goes off the deep end after about the 11 minute mark  Sounds killer.

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on February 09, 2018, 05:17:40 PM

You and me both.

Glad to see it happening,  :wtu:  All that time slogging through out here made you guys a better band for your arrival out there.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Yeah.... my thoughts exactly.  If you guys want to arrange a trip, just let me know. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Also, this Telluride 1/18/18 show is fucking incredible.  Also, the tape sounds fucking incredible.  Jesus christ guys. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gah

Quote from: pcr3 on February 10, 2018, 10:59:37 AM

You and me both.

Glad to see it happening,  :wtu:  All that time slogging through out here made you guys a better band for your arrival out there.

My thoughts exactly. Don't underestimate the value of all those gigs and time spent up and down the east coast. It helped you arrive in CO in the playing condition you guys are at today. You moved there when the Universe deemed it appropriate. Everything is happening exactly as it should. Enjoy the ride. Nothing lasts. Ever upward.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: gah on February 10, 2018, 02:08:39 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on February 10, 2018, 10:59:37 AM

You and me both.

My thoughts exactly. Don't underestimate the value of all those gigs and time spent up and down the east coast. It helped you arrive in CO in the playing condition you guys are at today. You moved there when the Universe deemed it appropriate. Everything is happening exactly as it should. Enjoy the ride. Nothing lasts. Ever upward.

I am so happy for you guys, scotty.
Keep it up.

WhatstheUse?

Thanks guys! Time spent on the east coast definitely was not a waste, and we plan to be back twice a year from here on out.

Lots of bands completely skip New England all together because it's so hard to break into, Boston speifically.... so in that regard, at least we have a start out there.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

While not surprising Scott, I'm totally stoked for you guys.
Hard work paying off.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.