News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Live Phish - 8-26-1993-arlene-schnitzer-concert-hall-portland-or

Started by susep, April 12, 2018, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

http://www.livephish.com/browse/music/0,1200/phish-mp3-flac-download-8-26-1993-arlene-schnitzer-concert-hall-portland-or

- On August 26th, near the end of their celebrated summer 1993 tour, Phish played the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland, Oregon.  "The Schnitz" is an historic Italian Renaissance style movie/vaudeville house that originally opened in 1928 with a capacity of 2,808.  Home to the Oregon Symphony, the venue is well known for its excellent acoustics and opulent decor.  Seattle's Baby Gramps, "The Salvador Dali of Folk Music", was the opening act in Portland and the two previous Pacific Northwest shows in Vancouver and Seattle.  This was Phish's only show at The Schnitz and they lit it up.

A stacked Set I kicked off the festivities, featuring standout performances of Runaway Jim, Reba, Fee, Split Open And Melt, Esther, and It's Ice > Harry Hood. Set II continued the onslaught with a blistering 2001 > David Bowie, the second such combination ever played.  Other set II highlights included Jesus Just Left Chicago and a Fishman-Baby Gramps duet (on vacuum and guitar respectively) on Gramps' Nothin' But A Nothin'.  Chalk Dust Torture and 1993's last Free Bird encore sealed the deal.

8/26/93 Portland was recorded by Paul Languedoc to DAT and mastered by Fred Kevorkian.

PRODUCTION CREDITS:
- Recorded by Paul Languedoc
- Post-Production by Kevin Shapiro
- Mastered by Fred Kevorkian at Kevorkian Mastering

- Nothin' But A Nothin' with Baby Gramps on guitar/vocals

- HD files are 24bit/44.1kHz

emay

Hicks

The Schnitz! 

Been digging the choices for the last few releases. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

mattstick

How many 8/93 shows are left to release?

Don't really know this show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on April 12, 2018, 04:54:06 PM
The Schnitz! 

Been digging the choices for the last few releases.

This. I'm on board for any and every early 90's release.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

jasonsobel

Quote from: mattstick on April 12, 2018, 07:22:12 PM

How many 8/93 shows are left to release?

I think they've released five Aug 1993 shows now:

8/7
8/13
8/14
8/16
and now 8/26

which means that there are 14 more Aug 1993 shows that they have not officially released.

They should go GD style, and release the whole month.  And then follow that up by releasing all of Dec 1995.
sing me back home before I die

susep

Quote from: jasonsobel on April 14, 2018, 07:57:50 PM

They should go GD style, and release the whole month.  And then follow that up by releasing all of Dec 1995.

Whole tours would be nice.  Fall '94 is a great place to begin. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on April 15, 2018, 07:52:49 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on April 14, 2018, 07:57:50 PM

Whole tours would be nice.  Fall '94 is a great place to begin.

Any '97 tour would be great also.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.