News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Special Counsel investigation

Started by Thrillhouse, September 21, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: ytowndan on March 25, 2019, 05:58:06 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 25, 2019, 04:23:18 PM
It's about nominating Bernie IMO.

He's the one candidate that speaks to white anger (i.e. most of this country) on both sides of the aisle.

I think he's probably our best shot, and it's for that exact reason.  Biden would be a mistake because he's too establishment and doesn't speak to those people like Trump did.  Having said that, Bernie comes with a major problem (hence my worrying about the 2020 field), and it's not moderates and/or Middle America.  It's actually the left.  Basically, it's what Dave was getting at.  I can see the base tearing itself apart over "giving it to another old white guy."

I didn't even think about that perspective, and I can see the majority in the established left think nominating a person of color or woman is the way to the WH, but I think Biden's idea of him and someone like Stacy Abrams as his VP is the way to get both things covered...the old white dude, for all the racists and white folks, and the colored women, for the rest of us. We have to join racists and people of color and women all under one tent to beat this guy. (I'd also accept Bernie/Kamala, I just used Biden/Abrams as an example)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

Isn't running a couple of corporate Democrats what got us here?
Sanders/Gabbard 2020.  Go left or go home.

GBL

Am I the only one that is happy that there was no conspiracy uncovered?  Jeez, how fucked up would shit have gotten if he did find something?  Civil war would not be out of the question imo.

For me, this gives us an opportunity to focus on the insane policies this administration is choosing and when the economy dips within the next 18 months anything is possible.

Other than that dickwad taking any responsibility of course.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

sls.stormyrider

think about Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and PA.
Will Bernie, or someone with his left leaning philosophy, win those states?
I think not
Left - Center (or center - left) would be a great improvement over what we have now, and in many ways a good 1st step.
imo a moderate (even a moderate right, but that's not possible) would be a great improvement over Trump.
Anyone who respects the Constitution, balance of power, and freedom of speech / press would be a great improvement over Trump

accuse me of being wishy - washy, I'll accept that
just trying to be pragmatic.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: slslbs on March 25, 2019, 07:14:03 PM
I think not

Well, he won Michigan and Wisconsin in 2016, up against the Clinton DNC machine and essentially a media blackout, so...yeah.

sls.stormyrider

he won the PRIMARY in MI and WI, which is not the same voting population as the general. Not even the same as all the Dem voters in the general. Not even close

I like him, don't get me wrong. I'm not sure that everyone is ready for all that he is saying. I'm not, for that matter .
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Quote from: slslbs on March 25, 2019, 07:14:03 PM
I think not
Left - Center (or center - left) would be a great improvement over what we have now, and in many ways a good 1st step.
imo a moderate (even a moderate right, but that's not possible) would be a great improvement over Trump.
Anyone who respects the Constitution, balance of power, and freedom of speech / press would be a great improvement over Trump

accuse me of being wishy - washy, I'll accept that
just trying to be pragmatic.

Democratic voters attempting to be pragmatic is what got us here, as did moderation which was the hallmark of Obama's administration and partly why his accomplishments have been so easily undone.

It's fire and brimstone time and I suspect Bernie's the only one who can bring it.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

I respectfully disagree
What got us here is that the party coronated Hillary in 2015. And she did a shitty job campaigning. And Trump got his base fired up. And James Comey's report didn't help. And then there's the Russians...

I suspect Biden would have beaten Trump, but he would have had a tough time against Hillary's machine in the primaries so he may never have gotten the chance

Bobafett

I'm worried that there are too many hats in the democratic pool.

On the plus side, a lot of my family and friends in the Deep South are done with trump.  Not the ones who can just lap his Cheeto piss up...they are still in a jizzy stupor.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

danje

If the 2016 election were held today, I think Hillary would win. I think the country just wants sanity and stability at this point.

nab

Quote from: Bobafett on March 25, 2019, 10:26:19 PM
I'm worried that there are too many hats in the democratic pool.

On the plus side, a lot of my family and friends in the Deep South are done with trump.  Not the ones who can just lap his Cheeto piss up...they are still in a jizzy stupor.

What about out west?
Lotta peope still in the jizzy stupor.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on March 25, 2019, 04:23:18 PM
It's about nominating Bernie IMO.

He's the one candidate that speaks to white anger (i.e. most of this country) on both sides of the aisle.

The more I hear from Pete Buttigieg the more I like.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

jam>

I'd like a strong democratic candidate that isn't pushing 80 years old.

emay

Quote from: jam> on March 26, 2019, 10:19:00 AM
I'd like a strong democratic candidate that isn't pushing 80 years old.

Pete Buttigieg

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.