News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Puppies Allegedly Used to Smuggle Drugs

Started by antelope19, February 02, 2006, 01:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060201222309990009&ncid=NWS00010000000001

This should probably be filed under random conversations, but I am actually angered by this.  WTF are these people thinking.  This is CRUEL!!!!  I am left absolutely speechless.    :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Updated: 10:22 AM EST
Puppies Allegedly Used to Smuggle Drugs
By TOM HAYS, AP

NEW YORK (Feb. 2) - Colombian drug dealers turned puppies into couriers by surgically implanting them with packets of heroin, federal authorities said Wednesday.

Investigators believe the ring used the dogs, as well as human drug swallowers, to conceal millions of dollars in liquid heroin on commercial flights into New York City for distribution on the East Coast.

Ten puppies, including Labrador retrievers, were rescued during a 2005 raid on a farm in Colombia, the Drug Enforcement Administration said, while announcing more than 30 arrests.

A veterinarian had stitched a total of 3 kilograms of heroin into the bellies of six pups. Three later died from infections after the drugs were removed.

The surviving dogs "are still alive and well, we're told," said John P. Gilbride, head of the DEA's New York office.

Colombian police said they adopted three dogs, one of which was being trained to sniff for drugs.

It was unclear how many dogs might have been used in the overall smuggling scheme, Gilbride said.

"I think it's outrageous and heinous that they'd use small, innocent puppies in this way," he said.

Besides the pups and human swallowers, authorities said the ring based in Medellin also concealed drugs in body creams, aerosol cans, and the linings of purses and luggage.

Recent raids in Colombia resulted in more than 20 arrests; another 10 suspects were in custody in New York, Florida and North Carolina. About 24 kilograms of heroin was seized, officials said.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

skullbone dog

yeah i saw that on the news, thats horrible but i wonder how long this has been going on before customs caught on

converse29