News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Current Wikipaug Contributors

Started by jephrey, June 11, 2006, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

the IT guy(s):
tet
guyforget

the original team:
Jedifunk
august - Withdrawn, thanks for your contributions
rowjimmy
jephrey

expansion draft 1:
phan003
groovy - involuntarily withdrawn due to inactivity at week4paug.net, thanks for your contributions

expansion draft 2:
susep73
PhishJY
CRAZYED
shoreline99
disco - Withdrawn, thanks for your contributions

mid-season pick-ups:
Marmar
fauxpaxfauxreal - involuntarily withdrawn due to inactivity at week4paug.net, thanks for your contributions
crnl4bn

playoff additions
jonyem
whyweigh2.0
gumbo72203
phil
tehdead
White_Bandana
noraa
mopper_smurf
gimmetela
drvinestein
petert686
CovertOps77

Some background information:
About 2 years (I think) ago, this site's users had this idea for a wiki.  guyforget was cool with setting it up and got it going for the four of us original members.  We did a lot of work, but mostly data entry although we had some great looking page types...  The week4paug hd died and we lost it all and re-starting got set aside.  About a year later, we decided to start the effort again, hoping to more or less come up with more of a template, and do less data entry.  (We realize part of the learning process, and template manufacturing comes with some data entry so we decided to do a whole year (2000)).  tet became our man behind the scenes, although guy still pokes around, and has really got this thing rocking.  We started with some other wiki software and eventually poo-pood the idea although the pages looked really cool (It became too much html).  So we went back to where we started (mediawiki) and entered most 2000.  We're nailing down song and venue pages, the layout, and then a user guide for entering these things.  That's about it right now.  The plan is to promote the site come 1/1/07.  We really want to get more entered before then so the task won't look overwhelming to people who come to the site.  We need to have a reason to come back.  12/06 will hopefully bring more action to the wiki with christmas breaks and shutdowns.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

i should note that i understand very little about how the wiki itself works.  the background stuff makes sense to me, but not the simple goings-on of a wiki.  left-brain/right-brain sorta thing i guess...

anyway, i try to help out where i can but mostly you'll find me in the shadows...  doing some of this  :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish