News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

upgraded wiki software

Started by tet, August 18, 2006, 10:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

hey, i just upgraded our wiki software.  some stuff is a little screwy, like uploading images.  also, external images seem to be odd, i'll work on those.  you'll likely see some error message on top of the page when you upload an image, something about permissions being wrong, but it still seems to work.  i don't know why, i'm still investigating and hope to find out soon.

the reason for the upgrade was a serious security hole in the older version of mediawiki, as well as some newer features such as the ability to archive and restore already deleted files and pages.  i'm still working on setting that up, but that may come in handy once this is opened up to the public. 

anything else that is weird, lemme know please.   i think it's all working correctly.  i had to upgrade some portions of PHP to PHP5, which has some advantages, but caused a few weird errors on the backend. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

The banner at the top is MIA.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

tet

-Phish

tet

they just had a significant upgrade to the mediawiki software, so we jumped up to version 1.8.1 (released a day after 1.8.0 - good thing i put it off for 24 hours!!).  lots of updated stuff, most of it on the backend of things but everything seems to have upgraded smoothly.  you'll notice the new favicon in the title bar, lemme know if that's not working for you.  it's basically just an inverse of the main wikipaug logo - looks like shit at 16x16 pixels, but hey, what can ya do at that size anyway?? 

lemme know if anything's broke.  i tested it quickly last nite and everything seemed fine. 
-Phish

jephrey

Looks the same/fine from the front.  Hope I get a chance to put some stuff in.  I know we've all been slacking quite a bit.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

ok, just did another MAJOR upgrade, which explains any trouble anyone has had for the last hour or so on the wiki.  we went from version 1.8.x to 1.9.1, which should improve quite a lot with the AJAX functionality and overall security of the wiki. 

everything should be back up and running like it was, but if you notice anything, please let me know ASAP.

on thing in particular to test is the uploading of files, especially resizing of photos.  that's key. 
-Phish

tet

just realized the uploading of files wasn't working, so i fixed that...

also, the file types are sorta limited.  it suggests not allowing .xls or .doc files, just mp3, ogg, etc....  please email me all the scripts you have and i'll see what i can do about forcing them up there.
-Phish

jephrey

I'll get them to you...  After mourning the superbowl loss.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

major upgrade done to the software, not much obvious that's different, mostly back-end stuff.  report anything weird please...
-Phish

jephrey

Cool.  Haven't done anything in a while, but it's around this time of year that I do work.

J

rowjimmy

Looking up some things in the wiki...
From this page:
http://www.wikipaug.net/index.php/July_15,_1999

I clicked the side-bar link to "setlists" (destination url: http://www.wikipaug.net/index.php/Setlists )
and I got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /var/www/mediawiki/includes/WebRequest.php on line 200

tet

hmm, and i got a different error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /var/www/mediawiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 152

odd, i'll investigate when i get some free time.
-Phish

rowjimmy

Got another, again on the sidebar Setlists link from http://www.wikipaug.net/index.php/Phish

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 18 bytes) in /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Title.php on line 1737

wild stuff

tet

basically, the script size was bigger than the memory allocated in PHP's .ini file - it was only 20 megs before, i just upped it to 30 and it appears to be working better.  a dirty solution, but i have no problem with that :)
-Phish

tet

well, i was going to be submitting a long, apologetic post when, after 3 days of frantic work, the wiki had yet to come back to life.

then, strangely, the old hard drive started working today.  with a bit of brainstorming between myself and guyforget, followed by some *NIX trickery, everything has been restored - and even upgraded to the latest version of the wiki software.  so, that is why i'm posting in this thread - if you see anything weird with the wiki, please let me know.  it should be running exactly like it did before (i'm still moving images and other things around, so if you see problems with graphics, just give it a minute and refresh). 
-Phish